Lucy Lawless Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Lucy Lawless Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Lucy Lawless
- 3 Lucy Lawless Age
- 4 Lucy Lawless Height
- 5 Lucy Lawless Weight
- 6 Lucy Lawless Education
- 7 Lucy Lawless Family
- 8 Lucy Lawless Husband
- 9 Lucy Lawless Children
- 10 Lucy Lawless Daughter
- 11 Lucy Lawless Net Worth
- 12 Lucy Lawless Measurements and Facts
- 13 Lucy Lawless Career
- 14 Lucy Lawless Xena
- 15 Lucy Lawless Spartacus
- 16 Lucy Lawless Spiderman
- 17 Lucy Lawless Singing
- 18 Lucy Lawless Movies and TV Shows
- 19 Frequently Asked Questions About Lucy Lawless
- 20 Lucy Lawless Contacts
- 21 Related Biographies
Lucy Lawless is a New Zealand Actress and Singer, who was born and brought up in Mount Albert, Auckland, New Zealand. She is widely known for her role as Lucretia in the television series ‘Spartacus: Blood and Sand’, ‘Spartacus: Gods of the Arena’, and in ‘Spartacus: Vengeance’.
Lucy is also known for her appearances and roles in the supernatural horror series ‘Salem’ as Countess Marburg, the superhero film ‘Justice League: The New Frontier’ as Wonder Woman, the superhero film ‘Spider-Man’ as Punk Rock Girl, and in the action adventure film ‘Hercules and Xena – The Animated Movie’ as Xena.
10 Quick Facts About Lucy Lawless
- Name: Lucy Lawless
- Age: 54 years
- Birthday: 29 March
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Height: 5 feet 9½ inches
- Nationality: New Zealand
- Occupation: Actress and Singer
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $30 Million
Lucy Lawless Age
Lawless is 54 years old as of 2022, she was born on 29 March 1968, in Mount Albert, Auckland, New Zealand. She celebrates her birthday on 29 March every year and her birth sign is Aries.
Lucy Lawless Height
Lucy stands at a height of 5 feet 9½ inches. Her body measurements are 37-25-36 inches.
Lucy Lawless Weight
Lawless Weighs 64 kg. She has blue eyes and brown hair.
Lucy Lawless Education
Lucy attended and graduated from Marist College, Auckland. She then joined Auckland University where she pursued languages. She then enrolled at William Davis Centre for Actors Study, Vancouver, BC.
Lucy Lawless Family
Lucy was born to her parents Julie Ryan (nee Haynes) and Frank Ryan in Mount Albert. Her mother Julie served as a teacher, and her Frank a banker. She spent her childhood with her six siblings, four brothers and one sister named Josie Ryan. She has described her family as “this big, sprawling Irish-Catholic family”.
Lucy Lawless Husband
Lawless is currently married to her husband Robert G. Tapert, a film and television producer, writer and director. The couple tied the knot on 28 March 1998, and they are blessed with two sons named Julius Robert Bay Tapert and Judah Miro Tapert. She was first married to Garth Lawless from 1988 to 1995. They had a daughter named Daisy.
Lucy Lawless Children
Lucy have three children, a daughter named Daisy Lawless, who was born in 1989, and and two sons named Julius Robert Bay Tapert, born on 16 October 1999 and Judah Miro Tapert who was born on 7 May 2002.
Lucy Lawless Daughter
Lawless became pregnant with her daughter in 1988, at the age of 19, at the time she was dating Garth Lawless. They were both working in the Australian outback. They married in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia that same year and returned to New Zealand, where their daughter, Daisy Lawless, was born.
Lucy Lawless Net Worth
Lucy has an estimated net worth of $30 million dollars as of 2021. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as an Actress and Singer. Through her various sources of income, Lawless has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Lucy Lawless Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Lucy Lawless.
Lucy Lawless Wiki
- Full Names: Lucille Frances Lawless (née Ryan)
- Popular As: Lucy Lawless
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Actress and Singer
- Nationality: New Zealand
- Race / Ethnicity: White (Irish descent)
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Lucy Lawless Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 53 years (2021)
- Zodiac Sign: Aries
- Date of Birth: 29 March 1968
- Place of Birth: Mount Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
- Birthday: 29 March
Lucy Lawless Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 37-25-36 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 9½ inches (1.77 meters)
- Weight: 64 kg (141 lbs)
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Brown
- Shoe Size: 10.5 (US)
- Dress Size: 4 (US)
- Breast Size: 37 inches
- Waist Size: 25 inches
- Hip Size: 36 inches
Lucy Lawless Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Julie Ryan (nee Haynes)
- Mother: Frank Ryan
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Six including Josie Ryan
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Robert G. Tapert
- Dating / Boyfriend: Divorced Garth Lawless
- Children: Sons (Julius Robert Bay Tapert and Judah Miro Tapert) Daughter(s) (Daisy Lawless)
Lucy Lawless Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $30 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Actress and Singer
Lucy Lawless Career
At the age of 10 Lucy Lawless appeared in her first musical and began acting in secondary school. She attended Marist College, Auckland. At the age of 18 she went on her “overseas experience”, travelling through Europe and Australia with her future husband, Garth Lawless. At 21, she won the 1989 Mrs New Zealand competition.
She studied drama at the William Davis Centre for Actors Study in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. She made her television debut in two and a half seasons as a cast member of the New Zealand sketch comedy series Funny Business. In 1994, Lawless appeared in Hercules and the Amazon Women, a Pacific Renaissance Pictures made-for-television film
That became the television pilot for Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. In that episode, she played a man-hating Amazon named Lysia. She went on to play another character, Lyla, in the first-season episode “As Darkness Falls.”
Lucy Lawless Xena
Lawless played the heroic warrior woman named Xena in the episode “The Warrior Princess,” which aired in March 1995. The character proved to be very successful among fans of the show.
Vanessa Angel was originally cast in the role, but she fell ill and was unable to travel to New Zealand for shooting. To differentiate between Xena and the similar Lysia, Lawless’ hair, previously an ash blonde, was dyed black. She also wore a much darker costume, which made her unrecognisable as the Lysia character.
Lawless subsequently returned as Xena in two more episodes of the first season of Hercules, which portrayed her turn from villainess to a good, heroic character. The character became so famous that a spin-off series was created: Xena: Warrior Princess debuted on 4 September 1995. The show became a hit and lasted for six seasons.
In October 1996 during a taping an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno she suffered a fractured pelvis when the horse she was riding lost its footing in the studio car park. Several episodes of the second season of Xena were rewritten to focus on background characters to minimise the time Lawless was needed on set.
Lucy Lawless Spartacus
Lucy co-starred in the Starz original series Spartacus: Blood and Sand. The show was based on the life of Spartacus, the famous gladiator, and the slave revolt he led. She played the role of Lucretia, the wife of Lentulus Batiatus, who were both the owners of a gladiator ludus, which also saw Lawless doing nude scenes for the first time.
Lawless won the 2011 Saturn Award as Best Supporting Actress for her role as Lucretia in Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Lawless reprised her role as Lucretia in Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, which chronicled life in the Ludus before Spartacus’s arrival, and she also returned for the sequel Spartacus: Vengeance.
Lucy Lawless Spiderman
Lucy appeared in Spiderman as Punk Rocker girl, with short orange hair and a nose piercing, smoking a cigarette.
Lucy Lawless Singing
Lawless has a background in musical theatre as she played Betty Rizzo on Broadway in a production of Grease in 1997. She continued to sing during the run of Xena, even contributing dirge music of her own composition; this made it into the episode “The Path Not Taken” as the dirge “Burial,” which she sang for the first time in the episode.
Lucy was a contestant on Celebrity Duets, which she finished as runner-up to Alfonso Ribeiro. She made her onstage debut on 13th January 2007 at the Roxy in Hollywood.
Lucy Lawless Movies and TV Shows
- 1990: Within the Law as Verity
- 1991: The End of the Golden Weather as Joe’s Girl
- 1993: The Rainbow Warrior as Jane Redmond
- 1994: Hercules and the Amazon Women as Lysia
- 1996: Peach as Peach
- 1997: Hercules & Xena: Wizards of the Screen as Xena
- 1998: Hercules and Xena – The Animated Movie as Xena
- 2000: Ginger Snaps as Announcer on School’s PA System
- 2002: Spider-Man as Punk Rock Girl
- 2004: EuroTrip as Madame Vandersexxx
- 2005: Boogeyman as Mary Jensen
- 2005: Vampire Bats as Maddy Rierdon
- 2006: The Darkroom as Cheryl
- 2008: Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight as Goldmoon
- 2008: Bedtime Stories as Aspen
- 2009: Bitch Slap as Mother Superior
- 2010: Lez Chat as Construction Worker
- 2017: The Changeover
- 1989: Funny Business (Various Roles)
- 1990: Shark in the Park as Kim Hughes
- 1991: For the Love of Mike as Helen
- 1992; The Ray Bradbury Theater as Liddy Barton
- 1993: The New Adventures of the Black Stallion as Sarah McFee
- 1994: High Tide as Undercover policewoman
- 1995–1998: Hercules: The Legendary Journeys as Lyla
- 1995–2001: Xena: Warrior Princess as Xena
- 1999: The Simpsons as Herself (Episode: “Treehouse of Horror X”)
- 2000: Celebrity Deathmatch as Herself (Episode: “The Return of Lucy Lawless”)
- 2001: Just Shoot Me! as Stacy
- 2003: Tarzan as Kathleen Clayton
- 2004; Less than Perfect as Tracy Fletcher
- 2005–2009: Battlestar Galactica as D’Anna Biers
- 2006: Veronica Mars as Agent Morris
- 2007: Burn Notice as Evelyn
- 2008: CSI: Miami as Audrey Yates
- 2009: The L Word as Sgt. Marybeth Duffy
- 2010: Spartacus: Blood and Sand as Lucretia
- 2011: Spartacus: Gods of the Arena as Lucretia
- 2012–2014; Parks and Recreation as Diane Lewis
- 2014–2015: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Isabelle Hartley
- 2015–2017: Salem as Countess Marburg
- 2015–2018: Ash vs. Evil Dead as Ruby Knowby
- 2016: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as Hiidrala (voice)
- 2017: The Changeover as Miryam Carlisle
- 2018: The Breaker Upperers Client Television movie
- 2019–present: My Life Is Murder as Alexa Crowe
- 2020: Star Wars Resistance as Aeosian Queen (voice)
- 2020: Big City Greens as Mimi O’Malley (voice)
Frequently Asked Questions About Lucy Lawless
Who is Lucy Lawless?
Lucy Lawless is a renowned Actress and Singer, who gained extensive recognition after appearing as a cast member of Spartacus: Blood and Sand as Lucretia.
How old is Lucy Lawless?
Lawless is a New Zealand national born on 29th March 1968, in Mount Albert Auckland.
How tall is Lucy Lawless?
Lucy stands at a height of 1.77m.
Is Lucy Lawless married?
Yes, Lawless is married to Robert G. Tapert. They got married on 28 March 1998 and together they have two children. The couple resides in New Zealand together with their children.
How much is Lucy Lawless worth?
Lucy has an approximate net worth of $30 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Where does Lucy Lawless live?
Lawless is a resident of New Zealand, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Lucy Lawless dead or alive?
Lucy is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Lucy Lawless Now?
Lawless is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, she is a cast member of the newly released film The Spine of Night, which will be released on 29th October 2021 in the US and later dates in other countries.
Lucy Lawless Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Annette Lawless
- Lucy Martin
- Lucy Barrett
- Lucy Yang
- Hudson Leick
- Antonio Te Maioha
- Lisa Chappell
- Jay Ryan
- Lucy Currey