Marcia Harvey Biography
Marcia Harvey is an African-American Author and Entrepreneur who was born and brought up in Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America. She is widely known as the first wife of the renowned American TV Host, Comedian, Actor, Producer, Radio Journalist, and Author, Steve Harvey.
Marcia is the author of “Marcia: Eyes To The Soul”, published in April 2011 in association with Xlibris Corporation. She owns a Clothing Line & Company. She has written two more books including ‘Marcia: Poems From The Heart’ in 2011 and ‘Marcia: Thoughts From My Mind’ in 2014.
10 Quick Facts About Marcia Harvey
- Name: Marcia Harvey
- Age: 68 Years (As of 2023)
- Birthday: 22 January
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Height: 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)
- Nationality: African-American
- Occupation: Author and Entrepreneur
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $1 Million
Marcia Harvey Age
Marcia is 68 years old as of 2023, she was born on 22 January 1955, in Cleveland, Ohio, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 22 January every year and her birth sign is Aquarius.
Marcia Harvey Height
Marcia stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m). Her body measurements are 34-27-35 inches.
Marcia Harvey Weight
Marcia Weighs 62 kg (136 lbs). She has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Early Life and Education
Marcia was born on January 22, 1955, in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. She was raised in a middle-class family and attended Glenville High School in Cleveland, where she met her future husband, Steve Harvey.
After completing high school, Marcia attended Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, where she studied education. She later transferred to West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia, where she completed her bachelor’s degree in education.
Marcia had a passion for teaching and worked as a high school teacher in Ohio for several years before getting married to Steve Harvey and starting a family. Despite not pursuing a career in education long-term, she has remained committed to the cause of education and has been involved in several initiatives aimed at improving educational opportunities for children and young adults.
Rise to Fame
Marcia is known for her marriage to comedian and TV personality Steve Harvey, but she did not rise to fame through her association with him. Instead, she achieved success in her own right as an author and entrepreneur after their divorce.
In 2019, Marcia released her first book, “Marcia: Eyes to the Soul,” which chronicles her life experiences and offers advice to women going through similar situations. The book received positive reviews and helped to establish Marcia as a respected author and speaker.
Marcia is also the founder and CEO of a fashion and lifestyle company called “The Lady Loves Couture,” which offers content on fashion, beauty, and lifestyle for women. The company has been featured in several publications, including Essence, InStyle, and Forbes.
Through her work as an author and entrepreneur, Marcia has become a respected figure in her own right, inspiring and empowering women with her message of resilience, self-care, and personal growth.
Marcia Harvey Family, Parents and Siblings
Marcia was born and raised by her middle-class African-American parents in Cleveland, Ohio. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of her parents is still unclear. It is also not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Marcia Harvey First Wife of Steve Harvey
Marcia was previously married to Steve Harvey, renowned American TV Host, Comedian, Actor, Producer, Radio Journalist and Author. The couple tied the knot in 1980 in a private adorable wedding attended by family, relatives and their close friends.
They were blessed with three children, twin daughters named Karli and Brandi, who were born on 20 August 1982, and a son named Broderick Harvey Jr. who was born on April 29, 1991.
Unfortunately, their marriage did not work out and they got divorced in 1994. She is currently rumored to be in a romantic relationship with Larry Greene. After the separation, Steve moved on and got married for the second time to Mary Lee Harvey who gave birth to Wynton Harvey.
The couple separated and he got into his third marriage with Marjorie Harvey who has given birth to three children namely; Morgan Harvey, Jason Harvey, and Lori Harvey.
Marcia Harvey and Larry Greene
According to our reliable sources, Marcia married Larry Greene but there is no more information about Larry Greene. She keeps herself away from the media and spotlight. She has continued her relationship with her husband Larry Greene silently & secretly. After her divorce from Steve Harvey, she has not mentioned him anywhere.
Marcia Harvey Kids
Harvey is a proud mother of three children, from her first marriage with Steve Harvey. They have a set of twin girls namely Brandi and Karli Harvey. She also has one son called Broderick Harvey Jr. who was named after his grandfather (Steve Harvey’s father).
Marcia Harvey Daughter Karli Harvey
Marcia welcomed Karli, 37, back in 1982 with his first wife, Marcia Harvey. Karlie is a public speaker, a mother, and a wife. She married her husband, Ben Raymond in 2015, and he, too, is a motivational speaker. Their son, BJ, was born in 2016. She also has a twin sister named Brandi.
Marcia Harvey Net Worth
Marcia has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2023. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as an Author and Entrepreneur. Through her various sources of income, she has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Marcia Harvey Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Marcia.
Marcia Harvey Wiki
- Full Names: Marcia Harvey
- Popular As: Steve Harvey’s ex-wife
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Author and Entrepreneur
- Nationality: African-American
- Race / Ethnicity: Black
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Marcia Harvey Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 68 years (2023)
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Date of Birth: 22 January 1955
- Place of Birth: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Birthday: 22 January
Marcia Harvey Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 34-27-35 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)
- Weight: 62 kg (136 lbs)
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
- Breast Size: 34 inches
- Waist Size: 27 inches
- Hip Size: 35 inches
- Shoe Size: 6 (US)
Marcia Harvey Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Divorced, and Engaged
- Husband: Was married to Steve Harvey
- Spouse: Engaged to Larry Greene
- Children: Sons (Broderick Harvey Jr.) Daughter(s) (Brandi and Karli Harvey)
Marcia Harvey Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Author and Entrepreneur
Marcia Harvey House and Cars
- Place of living: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Marcia Harvey Career
Marcia Harvey is an author, fashion designer, and motivational speaker. She was married to comedian and television host Steve Harvey from 1980 to 2005. During their marriage, Marcia played an important role in Steve’s career as a comedian and helped him develop his material.
After her divorce from Steve Harvey, Marcia started her own fashion line called “The Lady Loves Couture” which offers custom-made clothing for women. She also wrote a book titled “Marcia: Eyes to the Soul” which details her experiences and struggles during her marriage to Steve.
In addition to her fashion and writing career, Marcia is also a motivational speaker and has spoken at various events and conferences. She uses her life experiences to inspire and motivate women to pursue their dreams and overcome challenges.
Notable Travel, Events, and Experiences
There is limited information available about Marcia Harvey’s notable travels, events, and experiences. However, some of the events and experiences that she has been involved in include:
- Marriage to Steve Harvey: Marcia Harvey was married to comedian and television host Steve Harvey from 1980 to 2005. During their marriage, Marcia played an important role in Steve’s career as a comedian and helped him develop his material.
- Divorce and Life After: After her divorce from Steve Harvey, Marcia started her own fashion line and wrote a book about her experiences during their marriage. She also became a motivational speaker, using her life experiences to inspire and empower women.
- Philanthropic work: Marcia Harvey has been involved in various philanthropic causes, including working with the Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation, which helps provide educational opportunities for children.
- Fashion events and publications: Marcia Harvey’s fashion line, “The Lady Loves Couture,” has been featured in publications such as Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar. She has also participated in fashion events such as New York Fashion Week.
Future Aspirations and Goals
Marcia Harvey has already established herself as a successful fashion designer, with her designs featured in major publications and events. It is possible that she may expand her fashion line and continue to create custom-made clothing for women.
As a writer, Marcia Harvey has published one book detailing her experiences during her marriage to Steve Harvey. It is possible that she may write additional books, either autobiographical or focused on other topics related to her expertise in fashion and empowerment.
As a motivational speaker, Marcia Harvey has already inspired and empowered women through her speaking engagements. It is likely that she will continue to speak at events and conferences, encouraging women to pursue their dreams and overcome obstacles.
Overall, while the specifics of Marcia Harvey’s future aspirations and goals are unknown, her previous work and accomplishments suggest that she will continue to make a positive impact in the fashion industry and through her motivational speaking.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
Marcia Harvey has been involved in various philanthropic and community activities throughout her career. Some of her notable involvements include:
- The Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation: Marcia has worked with the foundation to provide educational opportunities for underprivileged children, including scholarships and mentoring programs.
- Supporting women’s empowerment: As a motivational speaker, Marcia has spoken at events and conferences aimed at empowering women and helping them to achieve their goals.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief: In 2017, Marcia and her ex-husband Steve Harvey donated $50,000 to support relief efforts for victims of Hurricane Harvey in Houston, Texas.
- Charity fashion events: Marcia has participated in charity fashion events, including a fashion show to benefit the American Cancer Society.
Marcia Harvey Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
There is limited information available about specific awards or accomplishments that Marcia Harvey has received. However, she has achieved success in several areas of her career, including:
- Fashion Design: Marcia started her own fashion line, “The Lady Loves Couture,” which offers custom-made clothing for women. Her designs have been featured in publications such as Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar.
- Writing: Marcia wrote a book titled “Marcia: Eyes to the Soul,” which details her experiences and struggles during her marriage to Steve Harvey.
- Motivational Speaking: Marcia is a motivational speaker and has spoken at various events and conferences, using her life experiences to inspire and motivate women to pursue their dreams and overcome challenges.
- Philanthropy: Marcia is involved in various philanthropic causes and has worked with organizations such as the Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation, which helps provide educational opportunities for children.
Marcia Harvey’s legacy is still unfolding, but her impact as a fashion designer, writer, motivational speaker, and philanthropist has already left a mark on the world. Some of the aspects of her legacy include:
- Empowering women: Through her motivational speaking and fashion line, Marcia has inspired and empowered women to pursue their dreams and overcome challenges.
- Philanthropy and community involvement: Marcia’s work with the Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation and other organizations has helped to improve the lives of underprivileged children and families, demonstrating her commitment to giving back to her community.
- Fashion industry influence: Marcia’s fashion line, “The Lady Loves Couture,” has been featured in major publications and events, showcasing her talent and creativity as a designer.
- Personal resilience and strength: Marcia has been open about her experiences during her marriage to Steve Harvey and her journey to rebuild her life after their divorce. Her willingness to share her story and vulnerability has been an inspiration to others.
Hobbies and Interests
Based on interviews and articles about her, it is known that she has a passion for fashion design and enjoys exploring new fashion trends and styles.
In addition to her fashion design work, Marcia is also interested in motivational speaking, writing, and philanthropy. She has written a book about her experiences during her marriage to Steve Harvey and has been involved in various philanthropic causes, including supporting educational opportunities for underprivileged children.
In an interview with MadameNoire, Marcia talked about the importance of self-love and self-care, saying “Self-care is so important. Taking care of yourself is crucial to a healthy life and a healthy mind.” She has also spoken about the importance of having a positive mindset and staying focused on one’s goals, even in the face of challenges.
Marcia has also expressed a belief in the importance of giving back to the community and supporting causes that are meaningful to her. In an interview with Rolling Out, she spoke about her involvement in philanthropic work, saying “I feel like giving back is just so important, no matter what your cause is. Whatever it is that you’re passionate about, you should find a way to give back and help others.”
Marcia Harvey is a talented fashion designer, writer, motivational speaker, and philanthropist who has made a significant impact in various fields. Through her fashion line, “The Lady Loves Couture,” and her motivational speaking, she has empowered women to pursue their dreams and express themselves through fashion.
Her philanthropic work with the Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation and other organizations has also helped to improve the lives of underprivileged children and families.
Marcia’s personal story of resilience and strength, particularly in her journey to rebuild her life after her divorce from Steve Harvey, has been an inspiration to many. Her emphasis on self-care, positivity, perseverance, and giving back to the community demonstrate her commitment to making a positive impact in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions About Marcia Harvey
Marcia is an acclaimed author and entrepreneur who is widely known as the first wife of Steve Harvey.
Marcia is an African-American national born on 22nd January 1955, in Cleveland, Ohio.
Marcia stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 meters).
No, but Marcia is currently dating Larry Greene, and was was previously married to Steve Harvey. They were blessed with three children.
Marcia has an approximate net worth of $1 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Marcia’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much she makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Marcia is a resident of Cleveland, Ohio, USA, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Marcia is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Marcia Harvey Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Marcia Kramer
- Marcia Johnson
- Marcia Cross
- Morgan Harvey
- Karli Harvey
- Steve Harvey
- Broderick Harvey Jr.
- Wynton Harvey
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to email@example.com. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.