Patrick Labyorteaux Biography
Patrick Labyorteaux is an American actor, television producer, and television writer who was born and brought up in Los Angeles, California, United States of America. Labyorteaux is widely known for his role as Andrew “Andy” Garvey on the NBC series “Little House on the Prairie.” He appeared on the show from 1977 to 1981 and gained recognition for his portrayal of the character.
In addition to “Little House on the Prairie,” Labyorteaux has appeared in various other television shows and films. Some of his notable television credits include “JAG,” where he played the character of Lieutenant Bud Roberts Jr. from 1995 to 2005, and “Summer School,” where he portrayed the character of Kevin Winchester in 1987.
Apart from acting, Labyorteaux has also worked as a writer and producer. He co-wrote several episodes of the series “JAG” and served as a producer on the show as well.
10 Facts About Patrick Labyorteaux
- Name: Patrick Francis Labyorteaux
- Age: 58 Years (As of 2023)
- Birthday: 22 July
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Height: 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actor, Television Producer, and Television Writer
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $2.5 Million
Patrick Labyorteaux Age
Labyorteaux is 58 years old as of 2023, he was born on 22 July 1965, in Los Angeles, California, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 22 July every year and his birth sign is Leo.
Patrick Labyorteaux Height
Labyorteaux stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m).
Early Life and Education
Patrick Labyorteaux was born on July 22, 1965, in Los Angeles, California. He was adopted at the age of one by Ronald Labyorteaux and actress Frances Marshall. His adoptive brother, Matthew Labyorteaux, is also an actor.
Not much is known about Patrick Labyorteaux’s early life and education, as he has maintained a relatively private personal life. However, it is known that he attended the prestigious St. Matthew’s Parish School in Pacific Palisades, California.
Labyorteaux began his acting career at a young age, making his television debut at the age of 12 in the TV movie “The Red Hand Gang” in 1977. Shortly after, he landed the role of Andrew “Andy” Garvey on the popular television series “Little House on the Prairie,” which brought him widespread recognition.
Rise to Fame
Patrick Labyorteaux’s rise to fame can be attributed to his role as Andrew “Andy” Garvey on the television series “Little House on the Prairie.” His portrayal of Andy, the adopted son of the Ingalls family, endeared him to audiences and made him a recognizable face in the entertainment industry.
Labyorteaux joined the cast of “Little House on the Prairie” in 1977, during the show’s fourth season, and remained on the series until 1981. His character, Andy Garvey, was known for his kind-hearted nature, close friendship with Laura Ingalls (played by Melissa Gilbert), and his struggles with his disability as he had a prosthetic leg. Labyorteaux’s performance as Andy Garvey resonated with viewers and contributed to the show’s continued success.
Following his time on “Little House on the Prairie,” Labyorteaux continued to work in television and film. One of his notable roles was as Lieutenant Bud Roberts Jr. on the television series “JAG.”
He portrayed the character from 1995 to 2005, appearing in over 200 episodes of the show. His portrayal of the dedicated and determined Navy lawyer earned him a significant fan base and further solidified his presence in the industry.
In addition to his acting work, Labyorteaux has also worked as a writer and producer. He co-wrote several episodes of “JAG” and was involved in the production of the series.
Patrick Labyorteaux Family, Parents
Labyorteaux was born in Los Angeles, California, to unknown parents. At the age of nine months, he was adopted by Ronald “Ron” Labyorteaux (1930–1992), a talent agent, and Frances Mae “Frankie” Labyorteaux (1927–2012), an actress who performed under the stage name Frances Marshall.
Although his adoptive mother stated that when they first met Labyorteaux, he was malnourished and had been labeled “unadoptable” by social workers, little is known about his personal life before he was adopted.
Patrick Labyorteaux Siblings
Labyorteaux spent his childhood with his two siblings, a brother named Matthew Labyorteaux and a sister named Jane Laborteaux. Ronald and Frances adopted his brother, Matthew, when he was 10 months old, and his sister, Jane, at an unknown date.
Patrick Labyorteaux Wife
Labyorteaux is currently married to his wife Tina Albanese, a television producer and television writer. The couple tied the knot in 1998, and they are blessed with one child named Jeau Bennett Labyorteaux.
Patrick Labyorteaux Children
Labyorteaux and his wife Tina Albanese have one child, a son named Jeau Bennett Labyorteaux. Jeau Bennett was born in 2001.
Patrick Labyorteaux Net Worth
Labyorteaux has an estimated net worth of $2.5 million dollars as of 2023. This includes his assets, money and income. His primary source of income is his career as an actor, television producer, and television writer. Through his various sources of income, Patrick has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Patrick Labyorteaux Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Patrick.
Patrick Labyorteaux Wiki
- Full Names: Patrick Francis Labyorteaux
- Popular As: Patrick
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Actor, Television Producer, and Television Writer
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Patrick Labyorteaux Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 58 years (2028)
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Date of Birth: 22 July 1965
- Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Birthday: 22 July 1965
Patrick Labyorteaux Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m)
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: Blue
- Hair Color: Grey
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Patrick Labyorteaux Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Ronald Labyorteaux
- Mother: Frances Marshall
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Matthew Labyorteaux, Jane Laborteaux
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Tina Albanese (m. 1998)
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Daughter(s) (Jeau Bennett Labyorteaux) Sons (None)
Patrick Labyorteaux Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $2.5 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Actor, Television Producer, and Television Writer
Patrick Labyorteaux House and Cars
- Place of living: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Patrick Labyorteaux Career
In his early career, Labyorteaux was known as Patrick Laborteaux and appeared on television and in films. From 1977 to 1981, he played Andrew “Andy” Garvey on the hit NBC series Little House on the Prairie, and from 1995 to 2005, he played Lt. Cmdr. Bud Roberts on the CBS hit series JAG, a role he reprised in three episodes of JAG’s spin-off, NCIS.
Starsky & Hutch, 21 Jump Street, Living Single, Yes, Dear, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, The Love Boat, Ghost Whisperer, and iCarly are among the other TV shows in which he has appeared as a guest star.
He also appeared in films. In the 1974 film “Mame,” he played Peter, Lucille Ball’s great-nephew. One of his most well-known roles was as football player Kevin Winchester in the 1987 comedy film Summer School, alongside future JAG/NCIS costar Mark Harmon. He played Ram Sweeney in the cult film Heathers from 1989. He has voiced characters in Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Godzilla: The Series, and other animated series.
Patrick Labyorteaux Movies and TV Shows
- 1974 – Blazing Saddles Henry Uncredited
- 1974 – Only With Married Men Peter West
- 1977 – A Circle of Children Patrick
- 1977 – Opening Night Child Actor
- 1978 – The Comedy Company Davey Byron
- 1986 – Prince of Bel Air Justin
- 1987 – Summer School Kevin Winchester
- 1987 – Terminal Entry Bob
- 1988 – Heathers Ram Sweeney
- 1991 – Ski School Ed Young
- 1991 – Adventures in Dinosaur City Rex / Mr. Big Voice
- 1992 – 3 Ninjas Fester
- 1994 – National Lampoon’s Last Resort Young Hemlock
- 1995 – A Father for Charlie Postmaster
- 1995 – The Stranger Beside Me Police Officer Lane
- 2001 – Hollywood Palms Clark
- 2002 – Redemption of the Ghost Cameron
- 2008 – Yes Man Marv
- 2009 – Melancholy Baby Zachariah Block Short
- 2010 – In My Sleep Rob
- 2011 – 2012: Ice Age Bill Hart Direct-to-video
- 2018 – The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time Julius Caesar Television film
- 2018 – Rent an Elf Dale
- 1973 – This Is the Life Eric Barrington
- 1976 – Shazam! Bill Sherwood
- 1977–1981 – Little House on the Prairie Andrew “Andy” Garvey
- 1979 – The Love Boat Bobby Trymon
- 1981 – The Love Boat Todd Andrews
- 1989 – 21 Jump Street Pvt. Jack Weaver
- 1990 – Paradise Jerome
- 1995–1998 – Spider-Man Flash Thompson Voice
- 1995–2005 – JAG Lt. Bud Roberts Jr.
- 1996 – The Last Frontier Andy
- 1999 – Godzilla: The Series Dr. Hoffman Voice
- 2003, 2016–2018, 2022 – NCIS Lt./Cap. Bud Roberts Jr.
- 2007 – Without a Trace William Broeder
- 2008 – Wildfire Derek Polk
- 2009 – Ghost Whisperer Jeffrey Crockett
- 2009 – iCarly Wilson
- 2016 – American Crime Story Mike Walker
- 2017 – Rebel Dr. Adam Loyton
- 2022 – For All Mankind Congressman Willie Baron
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
Patrick Labyorteaux has been involved in various philanthropic and charitable endeavors throughout his career. While specific details about his social impact and community involvement may not be widely documented, he has been known to support several causes and organizations.
One notable cause that Labyorteaux has been associated with is the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). He has been involved in fundraising efforts for JDRF, which is dedicated to finding a cure for type 1 diabetes and improving the lives of individuals affected by the disease.
Labyorteaux has also been an advocate for adoption. As an adopted individual himself, he has spoken publicly about the importance of adoption and has supported organizations and initiatives that promote adoption awareness and provide support to adoptive families.
While these are a couple of examples of Labyorteaux’s philanthropic involvement, it’s worth noting that his specific charitable contributions and community engagement may extend beyond these areas. As with any individual’s philanthropic endeavors, the extent of his involvement may not be extensively publicized.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information on Patrick Labyorteaux’s philanthropic activities and community involvement, it is advisable to refer to reliable sources, official announcements, and any public statements he has made regarding his charitable work.
Patrick Labyorteaux Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
While Patrick Labyorteaux has had a successful career in the entertainment industry, there is limited information available regarding specific awards, accomplishments, and achievements he has received. However, his contributions to television and his portrayal of memorable characters have garnered him recognition and a loyal fan base.
One notable achievement in Labyorteaux’s career is his role as Andrew “Andy” Garvey on the television series “Little House on the Prairie.” The show itself received critical acclaim and was a popular series during its run. Labyorteaux’s portrayal of Andy, a character with a prosthetic leg, showcased his acting abilities and endeared him to viewers.
Furthermore, Labyorteaux’s work on the long-running television series “JAG” as Lieutenant Bud Roberts Jr. was also significant. His portrayal of the dedicated Navy lawyer earned him widespread recognition and a dedicated fan following. The series itself received multiple award nominations and accolades during its run.
While specific awards and accolades for Labyorteaux’s performances may not be widely documented, his contributions to the television industry and the impact of his roles have been acknowledged by fans and audiences alike.
Patrick Labyorteaux’s legacy lies in his contributions to the entertainment industry and the impact he has made through his memorable performances. Here are a few aspects that contribute to his legacy:
- Memorable Characters: Labyorteaux’s portrayal of characters like Andrew “Andy” Garvey on “Little House on the Prairie” and Lieutenant Bud Roberts Jr. on “JAG” have left a lasting impression on audiences. These characters resonated with viewers, and their storylines tackled important themes such as disability, friendship, and justice.
- Longevity in the Industry: Labyorteaux’s career has spanned several decades, showcasing his versatility and dedication to his craft. From his early roles as a child actor to his continued success as an adult, he has proven his ability to adapt to different projects and maintain a presence in the industry.
- Philanthropic Efforts: Labyorteaux’s involvement in philanthropic causes, such as his support for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and his advocacy for adoption, adds to his legacy. By using his platform to raise awareness and support important causes, he has made a positive impact beyond his acting career.
- Inspiration for Others: Labyorteaux’s portrayal of characters facing challenges, such as Andy Garvey’s disability, has served as an inspiration for many individuals who may be dealing with similar circumstances. His work has provided representation and offered hope to those who can relate to the characters he has played.
Hobbies and Interests
- Writing: Labyorteaux has been credited as a writer for several episodes of the television series “JAG.” This suggests that he has an interest in writing and storytelling beyond acting.
- Outdoor Activities: Labyorteaux has expressed an appreciation for outdoor activities, including fishing. He has shared photos and posts on social media that depict his love for nature and the outdoors.
- Martial Arts: Labyorteaux has a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and he has occasionally shared his passion for martial arts on social media. It indicates that he may have an interest in fitness, self-defense, and martial arts training.
- Family and Personal Life: While not necessarily a hobby, Labyorteaux has spoken about his love for his family and the importance of his personal life. Spending time with loved ones and engaging in family-oriented activities may be a significant part of his life outside of his professional endeavors.
Patrick Labyorteaux’s personal beliefs are not extensively documented, and he has maintained a relatively private personal life. As such, specific information about his personal beliefs, including political or religious views, is not widely available.
It’s important to respect an individual’s privacy regarding their personal beliefs unless they have publicly expressed them. Actors and public figures often choose to keep their personal beliefs separate from their public personas, focusing on their professional work rather than sharing personal convictions.
If Patrick Labyorteaux has publicly shared his personal beliefs or values, they may be reflected in interviews, articles, or statements he has made. However, without access to specific information or public statements, it is not possible for me to provide insight into his personal beliefs.
To gain a better understanding of Patrick Labyorteaux’s personal beliefs, it is advisable to refer to reliable sources, official interviews, or any public statements he may have made on the subject.
Patrick Labyorteaux has made significant contributions to the entertainment industry throughout his career. From his memorable roles on shows like “Little House on the Prairie” and “JAG” to his involvement in philanthropic endeavors, he has left a lasting impact on audiences and communities.
Patrick Labyorteaux is a survivor. He has overcome many challenges in his life, but he has never given up. He is an inspiration to us all to never give up on ourselves, no matter what life
Frequently Asked Questions About Patrick Labyorteaux
Patrick is a renowned actor, television producer, and television writer who gained extensive recognition for his roles in the films NCIS (2003, 2016–2018, 2022) and Little House on the Prairie (1977–1981).
Patrick is an American national born on 22nd July 1965, in Los Angeles, California.
Patrick stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 meters).
Yes, Patrick is married to Tina Albanese. They got married in 1998 and together they have three children. The couple resides in Los Angeles together with their children.
Patrick has an approximate net worth of $2.5 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Patrick’s salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Patrick is a resident of Los Angeles, California, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Patrick is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Patrick is still an active participant in the creative entertainment industry, he is a cast member of For All Mankind.
Patrick Labyorteaux Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to email@example.com. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.