Robert F. Smith Biography
Robert Frederick Smith, popularly known as Robert F. Smith, is an accomplished American businessman, philanthropist, chemical engineer, and investor who was born and brought up in Denver, Colorado, United States. He is the Founder, Chairman, and CEO of private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
10 Quick Facts About Robert F. Smith
- Name: Robert F. Smith
- Age: 59 years
- Birthday: December 1
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Businessman, Philanthropist, Chemical Engineer, and Investor
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: 6.7 billion
Robert F. Smith Age
Robert F. Smith is 59 years old as of 2021, he was born Robert Frederick Smith on December 1, 1962, in Denver, Colorado, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on December 1, every year, and his birth sign is Sagittarius.
Robert F. Smith Height And Weight
Robert F. Smith stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm, 1.78 meters). He also Weighs 75 kg (165.35 Ibs). Known for his captivating personality, Robert has black eyes and his hair color is salt-and-pepper.
Robert F. Smith Education
Robert is a highly educated and qualified person. He was enrolled at Carson Elementary School and East High School in Denver. While in high school, he applied for an internship at Bell Labs but was told the program was aimed at college students.
Robert endured, calling each Monday for five months. When he was still a student from M.I.T. did not show up, he got the position and that season he developed a reliability test for semiconductors.
Robert F. Smith Parents
Robert F. Smith was born a fourth-generation Coloradoan to Dr. William Robert Smith (father) and Dr. Sylvia Myma Smith (mother), who were both school teachers with PhDs.
He was brought up in a dominant African, middle-class neighborhood in Denver. When he was a toddler, his mother carried him to the March on Washington, where the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his ”I Have a Dream” speech.
Robert F. Smith First Wife Suzanne McFayden
Robert got married to his first wife, fellow Cornell alum Suzanne McFayden Smith, in 1988. They were together for 22 years before they divorced in 2010, their divorce was finalized in 2014.
Robert F. Smith And Hope Dworaczyk
Robert married Hope Dworaczyk, the founder, and CEO of skincare company MUTHA, a former Playboy playmate, healthy living advocate, and fashion editor, on July 25, 2015.
Robert F. Smith Children
Robert has three kids with his first wife, Zoe Smith, Eliana Smith, and Max Smith. He also has two sons with his wife Hope, Hendrix Robert Smith, born on December 19, 2014, and Legend Robert Smith, born on March 16, 2016.
Robert F. Smith Net Worth
Robert F. Smith has an estimated net worth of 6.7 billion USD as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a businessman, philanthropist, chemical engineer, and investor. Through his various sources of income, Robert has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Robert F. Smith Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Robert F. Smith.
Robert F. Smith Wiki
- Full Names: Robert Frederick Smith.
- Popular As: Robert F. Smith.
- Gender: Male.
- Occupation / Profession: Businessman.
- Nationality: American.
- Race / Ethnicity: Afro-American.
- Religion: Not Known.
- Sexual Orientation: Straight.
Robert F. Smith Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 59 Years Old.
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius.
- Date of Birth: December 1, 1962.
- Place of Birth: Denver, Colorado.
- Birthday: December 1st.
Robert F. Smith Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Pending Update.
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm, 1.78 meters).
- Weight: 75 kg (165.35 Ibs).
- Eye Color: Black.
- Hair Color: Salt-And-Pepper.
- Shoe Size: Pending Update.
Robert F. Smith Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Dr. William Robert Smith.
- Mother: Dr. Sylvia Myma Smith.
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Pending Update.
- Marital Status: Married.
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Hope Dworaczyk.
- Ex-Wife: Suzanne McFayden (m. 1988–2014).
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable.
- Children: Sons (Max, Hendrix, & Legend) Daughter(s) (Zoe & Eliana).
Robert F. Smith Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: 6.7 billion
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Career as a Businessman.
Robert F. Smith Career
After serving at Air Products & Chemicals, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, and later at Kraft General Foods as a chemical engineer, where he acquired two European patents, he went to Columbia Business School.
Robert acquired an MBA with honors specializing in finance and marketing. From 1994 to 2000, he joined Goldman Sachs in technology investment banking, first in New York City, and then in Silicon Valley.
Robert advised on over $50 billion in merger and acquisition operations with companies such as Apple, Microsoft, Texas Instruments, eBay, and Yahoo. He was the first person in the Goldman Sachs San Francisco office to concentrate solely on technology merges and acquisitions.
Robert F. Smith Books
- 1999 – All is Swell: Trust in Thelma’s Way.
- 1999 – Falling for Grace: Trust at the End of the World.
- 2000 – Love’s Labours Tossed: Trust and the Final Fling.
- 2008 – Bitten: A Romantic Comedy.
- 1996 – Baptists at Our Barbecue.
Robert F. Smith Foundation
Robert F. Smith Vista Equity Partners
Robert is the Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Vista Equity Partners. Vista now manages equity capital communications of over $26Bn and oversees a portfolio of over 35 software firms that employ over 42,000 people worldwide. Under Robert’s leadership, Vista has exclusively concentrated on the enterprise software, data, and technology-enabled solutions sectors.
For the second time in a row, in November 2015, Vista was named as the world’s No. 1 performing private equity firm, according to the HEC-Dow Jones annual ranking conducted by Professor Oliver Gottscalg. Previously, Robert served for Goldman Sachs in Tech M&A and Kraft General Foods, where he earned four patents.
Robert works as the Chairman of Carnegie Hall, founding director and President of the Fund II Foundation, Chairman of the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights, Member of the Board of Overseers of Columbia Business School, and as a Member of the Cornell Engineering College Council, among others.
Robert F. Smith Quotes
- “I’m here to tell you that, by virtue of your being here today, by virtue of walking across that stage – you are enough.”
- “Use your skills, your knowledge, your instincts to serve – to go change the world in the way that only you can.”
- “You got to have grit. And grit mean getting turned away from thing 14, 16 times, calling someone every two weeks, every day for 5 months and then finally it materializing in something that you want.”
- “This is the first time in history you can create wealth and not have access to capital. You just need intellectual property. A blogger who has a large audience can create wealth by attracting advertisers.”
- “Intelligence can create huge profits, and in fact, you can actually make more money being smart than you can be strong or fast.”
- “Every day I need you to set a new goal.”
- “The importance of developing intellectual property can not be underestimated.”
- “You are enough to be who you want to be and to create what you want to create.”
- “Put action to support the intention, don’t say I want to be a millionaire but don’t take the activities to do it.”
- “Have the vision of what you want to become, but you have to put consistent action behind that vision in order for that to manifest and it as to be consistent.”
- “If you get too much help you never really figure out how to do things and you don’t develop the grit.”
- “Fight through those problems.”
- “If you can’t solve easy problems now, you will not be able to solve difficult problems later.”
- “We can transcend the script of a pre-defined story, and pave the way for the future that we design. We just need to tap that power, that conviction, that determination within us.”
- “Not everyone wants to make the sacrifice in the trade-off to become wealthier, and the first part of that trade-off is savings and investment and time.”
Frequently Asked Questions About Robert F. Smith
Who is Robert F. Smith?
Robert is an American businessman, philanthropist, chemical engineer, and investor who was born and brought up in Denver, Colorado. He is the Founder, Chairman, and CEO of private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
How old is Robert F. Smith?
Robert is an American national born on December 1, 1962, in Denver, Colorado.
How tall is Robert F. Smith?
Robert stands at a height of 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm, 1.78 meters). He also Weighs 75 kg (165.35 Ibs).
Is Robert F. Smith married?
Robert got married to his first wife, Suzanne McFayden Smith, in 1988. They were together for 22 years before they divorced in 2010; their divorce was finalized in 2014. Robert married Hope Dworaczyk, a former Playboy playmate, healthy living lawyer, and fashion editor, on July 25, 2015.
How much is Robert F. Smith Net Worth?
Robert has a net worth of 6.7 billion USD as of 2022. This amount has been accrued from his career and business.
How much does Robert F. Smith make?
According to our reliable sources, Robert’s annual salary is currently under review. Nevertheless, we are keeping tabs and will update you once this information is available.
Where does F. Smith live?
Because of security reasons, Robert has not shared his precise location of residence. We will update this information if we get the location and images of his house.
Is Robert F. Smith dead or alive?
Robert is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Robert F. Smith Now?
Robert is pursuing his career in business. He is the Founder, Chairman, and CEO of private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
Robert F. Smith Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Ashley Smith
- F. Lee Bailey
- Adam F Goldberg
- Jean Kennedy Smith
- Frankie Grande
- Robert Fredrick Smith
- Hope Dworaczyk
- Robert Denham
- Robert Pittman
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.