Russell Johnson Biography
Russell Johnson was an American actor, known for his role as Professor Roy Hinkley in Gilligan’s Island. He was also known for Marshal Gib Scott in Black Saddle.
10 Quick Facts About Russell Johnson
- Name: Russell Johnson
- Age: 89 years as of 2014
- Birthday: 10 November
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Height: 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 meters)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Actor
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: To be updated
- Net worth: $4 million
Russell Johnson Age and Birthday
Russell David Johnson was born on November 10, 1924, in Ashley, Pennsylvania, United States of America. He celebrated his birthday on November 10th every year. Johnson died on 16 January 2014 in Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
Russell Johnson Height and Weight
Johnson was a man of average stature, he also appeared to be quite tall in stature in his photos. He stood at a height of 5 feet and 10 inches (1.78 meters). He also weighed 172 lbs (78 kgs).
Russell Johnson Education
Johnson studied at Girard College.
Russell Johnson Parents
Johnson was born in Ashley, Pennsylvania, on November 10, 1924, to Russell Kennedy Johnson (1901–1932) and Marion Wenonah Smink Johnson (1902–1976)
Russell Johnson Siblings
Johnson was the oldest of seven siblings: Kenneth W. Johnson (1925–2012), David Reed Johnson (1926–1976), Lois Marion Johnson (1927–1928), Lorraine Johnson Crosby (1928-2015), Marion Joan Johnson Reeves (1930–2010), and Paul Wesley Johnson (1932–1933). Their father died of pneumonia in December 1932, and Paul Wesley died not long after. Minnie Johnson later remarried Thomas S. Lewis.
Russell Johnson Wife
Johnson was married thrice. He was married to Edith Cahoon (1943 – 1948), Kay Levey (1949 – 1980), and Constance Dane (1982 – 2014). He had two children David Johnson (son) and Kim Johnson (Daughter).
Russell Johnson Salary and Net Worth
He had a net worth of approximately $4 million which he earned from his acting career. Johnson is said to also have earned a salary of over $200 thousand annually during his acting career.
Russell Johnson Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Johnson.
Russell Johnson Wiki
- Full Names: Russell David Johnson
- Popular As: Russell Johnson
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Actor
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Russell Johnson Birthday
- Age / How Old?: November 10, 1924
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Date of Birth: November 10, 1924
- Place of Birth: Ashley, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Death: January 16, 2014
Russell Johnson Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 10 inches
- Weight: 78kgs
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: Brown
Russell Johnson Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Russell J. Johnson
- Mother: Minnie K. Johnson
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Marian L. Johnson and Ken Johnson,
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Edith Cahoon (1943 – 1948), Kay Levey (1949 – 1980) and Constance Dane (1982 – 2014)
- Children: Sons ( David Johnson) Daughter(s) (Kim Johnson)
Johnson Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $4 million
- Salary: Over $200 thousand annually
- Source of Income: Acting
Russell House and Cars
- Place of living: Bainbridge Island, Washington, United States
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Russell Johnson Career
Johnson enrolled in the military after graduating from High School. After being discharged from the military, he became a full-time actor. He appeared in his first films titled Column South, Tumbleweed, and Ride Clear of Diablo in 1953 and 1954.
He later went on to appear in films like Loan Shark and Back at the Front in 1952, Seminole and Law and Order in 1953, Ride Clear of Diablo and Demetrius and the Gladiators in 1954, Many Rivers to Cross and Strange Lady in Town in 1955, Attack of the Crab Monsters and Rock All Night in 1957, The Space Children and Badman’s Country in 1958, A Distant Trumpet and Investigation to a Gunfighter in 1964, The Greatest Story Ever Told in 1965, Cry for Poor Wally in 1969, The Man from Independence in 1974, Three Days of the Condor in 1975, Hitch Hike to Hell and MacArthur in 1977, The Great Skycopter Rescue in 1980, Kill Squad in 1982, Off the Wall in 1983, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind in 1984, Dowa Meita Senshi Windaria in 1986, Blue Movies in 1988 and more.
He also starred in television series like The Invaders, Death Valley Days, Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law, Lassie, That Girl, Ironside, The F.B.I. and Gunsmoke, and more. He also appeared on the NBC soap opera, Santa Barbara. Johnson died from kidney failure at his home in Bainbridge Island, Washington on January 16, 2014, at the age of 89.
Russell Johnson Movies
- 1952 For Men Only as Ky Walker
- Rancho Notorious as Chuck-a-Luck Wheel Spinner
- Loan Shark as Charlie Thompson
- Back at the Front as Johnny Redondo – Smuggler
- The Turning Point as Herman
- 1953 Seminole as Lt. Hamilton
- Law and Order as Jimmy Johnson
- Column South as Cpl. Biddle
- It Came from Outer as Space George
- The Stand at Apache River as Greiner
- Tumbleweed as Lam Blanden
- 1954 Ride Clear of Diablo as Jed Ringer
- Taza, Son of Cochise as Narrator
- Demetrius and the Gladiators as Gladiator
- Johnny Dark as Emory
- Rogue Cop as Patrolman Carland
- Black Tuesday as Howard Sloane
- 1955 Many Rivers to Cross Banks as Cherne
- Strange Lady in Town as Shadduck
- Ma and Pa Kettle at Waikiki as Eddie Nelson
- This Island Earth as Dr. Steve Carlson
- 1957 Attack of the Crab Monsters as Hank Chapman
- Rock All Night as Jigger
- The courage of Black Beauty as Ben Farraday
- 1958 The Space Children as Joe Gamble
- Badman’s Country as Sundance
- The Saga of Hemp Brown as Hook
- 1964 A Distant Trumpet as Capt. Brinker – Judge Advocate’s office
- Invitation to a Gunfighter as John Medford
- The Greatest Story Ever Told as Scribe
- 1969 Cry for Poor as Wally Gaines
- 1974 The Man from Independence as Linaver
- 1975 Three Days of the Condor as Intelligence Officer at Briefing
- 1977 Hitch Hike to Hell as Captain J.W. Shaw
- MacArthur as Admiral King
- 1980 The Great Skycopter Rescue as Professor Benson
- 1982 Kill Squad as Voice, Uncredited
- 1983 Off the Wall as Mr. Whitby
- 1986 Dôwa meita senshi as Windaria Alan
- 1988 Blue Movies as Mr. Martin
Russell Johnson Death
Johnson died from kidney failure at his home in Bainbridge Island, Washington, on January 16, 2014, aged 89. His remains were cremated. Johnson’s memorial service was held a month later.
Frequently Asked Questions About Russell Johnson
Who is Russell Johnson?
Russell David Johnson was an American actor, known for his role as Professor Roy Hinkley in Gilligan’s Island. He was also known for Marshal Gib Scott in Black Saddle
How old is Russell Johnson?
He was born Russell David Johnson on November 10, 1924, in Ashley, Pennsylvania, United States, and he was raised there. Johnson died from kidney failure at his home in Bainbridge Island, Washington, on January 16, 2014, aged 89. His remains were cremated. Johnson’s memorial service was held a month later
How old was Russell Johnson when he died?
Johnson died from kidney failure at his home in Bainbridge Island, Washington, on January 16, 2014, aged 89. His remains were cremated. Johnson’s memorial service was held a month later
How did Russell Johnson die?
Johnson died from kidney failure at his home in Bainbridge Island, Washington, on January 16, 2014, aged 89.
How tall is Johnson?
Russell stood at a height of 5 feet 10 inches
Was Russell married?
Russell was married thrice. He was married to Edith Cahoon (1943 – 1948), Kay Levey (1949 – 1980), and Constance Dane (1982 – 2014).
What was Russell Johnson’s Worth?
Russell had an approximate net worth of $4 million. This amount had been accrued from her leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Where does Johnson live?
He was a resident of Bainbridge Island, Washington.
Is Johnson dead or alive?
He is dead. Johnson died from kidney failure at his home in Bainbridge Island, Washington, on January 16, 2014, aged 89.
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: