T. D. Jakes Biography
T. D. Jakes is a renowned American Bishop, Author, and Filmmaker who was born in South Charleston and brought up in Vandalia, West Virginia. He is the bishop of The Potter’s House, a non-denominational American megachurch, whose services and evangelistic sermons are broadcast on ‘The Potter’s Touch’.
The Potter’s Touch airs on Lightsource.com these are the Trinity Broadcasting Network, Black Entertainment Television, the Daystar Television Network, and The Word Network. T.D., has been featured on several songs including the Swedish DJ Steve Angello’s a dance/electronic track ‘Rejoice’, ‘Woman Thou Art Loosed’, and ‘The Storm, Is Over’.
He is also known for his best-selling books which include; ‘Intimacy With God’, ‘Life Overflowing: Six Pillars for Abundant Living’ and ‘From the Cross to Pentecost’. As a Filmmaker, he is known for his work on ‘A Dog’s Way Home, ‘Jumping the Broom’ and ‘Miracles from Heaven’.
10 Quick Facts About T. D. Jakes
- Name: Thomas Dexter Jakes Sr.
- Age: 65 Years (As of 2022)
- Birthday: 9 June
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Height: 6 feet 3 inches (1.91 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Bishop, Author, and Filmmaker
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Under Review
- Net worth: $20 Million
T. D. Jakes Age
Jakes is 65 years old as of 2022, he was born on 9 June 1957, in South Charleston, West Virginia, United States. He celebrates his birthday on 9 June every year and his birth sign is Gemini.
T. D. Jakes Height
T. D. stands at a height of 6 feet 3 inches (1.91 meters).
T. D. Jakes Family, Parents, and Siblings
Jakes was born to Odith Jakes and Ernest Jakes, Sr. in South Charleston. He spent his childhood with his two siblings, a sister named Jacqueline Jakes and a brother named Ernest Jakes in Vandalia, West Virginia. His parents used to attend the local Baptist churches and spent his teenage years caring for his invalid father and working in local industries.
T. D. Jakes Wife and Children
T. D. is happily married to his wife Serita Jamison, an actress. The couple tied the knot on 29 May 1982 in a beautiful church wedding. They met when he was visiting a preacher at a church in West Virginia.
They are blessed with five children, three sons named Jermaine, Jamar, Thomas Jakes Jr., and two daughters named Sarah Jakes Roberts and Cora Jakes Coleman.
T. D. Jakes Net Worth
Jakes has an estimated net worth of $20 million dollars as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a Bishop, Author, and Filmmaker. Through his various sources of income, he has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
T. D. Jakes Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about him;
T. D. Jakes Wiki
- Full Names: Thomas Dexter Jakes
- Popular As: T. D. Jakes
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Bishop, Author, and Filmmaker
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: Black
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
T. D. Jakes Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 63 years (2020)
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Date of Birth: 9 June 1957
- Place of Birth: South Charleston, West Virginia, United States of America
- Birthday: 9th June
T. D. Jakes Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: 6 feet 3 inches (1.91 meters)
- Weight: 194 lbs (88 kg)
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Bald
- Shoe Size: Not Available
T. D. Jakes Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Ernest Jakes, Sr.
- Mother: Odith Jakes
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Jacqueline and Ernest Jakes
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Serita Jamison Jakes
- Children: Sons (Jermaine, Jamar, Thomas Jakes Jr.) Daughter(s) (Sarah Jakes Roberts and Cora Jakes Coleman)
T. D. Jakes Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $20 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Bishop, Author, and Filmmaker
T. D. Jakes House and Cars
- Place of living: Dallas, Texas, USA
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
T. D. Jakes Ministries
Act II Evangelism
This ministry not only evangelizes to the community but identifies and implements the services needed to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the community. For more information about Acts II Evangelism, contact Marian Sanders at 214-331-0954 x1135 or email at MSanders@tdjakes.org
his ministry deals with counseling it is concerned with people’s spiritual and emotional Wholeness.
This ministry uses different approaches to restore relationships between the individual and God, self and community.
- These are the programmes used:
- One-on-one Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Family Counseling (Children and Youth)
- Marriage Counseling – In partnership with our pastors
- Spiritual Growth Groups – They are designed to assist individuals in gaining victory over abusive, addictive, and damaging thoughts or behaviors, while also building a
- closer walk with Jesus.
- Spiritual Enrichment Groups
- Referral Services for Members.
Fire House Youth Ministry (ages 14
This ministry conveys the message of Christ Jesus in a relevant and effective way to a lost and unclaimed generation of young people that HE is neither law nor religion but is freedom.
It is has four programs:
- Catalyst Youth Leadership Programme
- Mentorship Program
- Envision Dance Ministry
This ministry is to help couples prosper in their marriage by providing empowering educational tools to nourish and cherish each other in a healthy marriage relationship.
It always targets the Premarital couples, Married couples, couples in crisis, and couples living with children.
Meetings are as follows:
- 1st Thursday of every month at 7 pm in the Chapel
- 3rd Saturday of every month for an outing at different locations.
You are required to meet all necessary requirements and be an active member of The Potter’s House for you to join Marriage Ministry Volunteers.
Music and Fine Arts
This ministry consists of professional, semi-professional, and amateur musicians, singers, artists, dancers, writers, and actors among other creatives. It is a committed, Christ-centered, and purpose-driven ministry that serves church and community with God-given talents.
T. D. Jakes Movies
- 2004: Woman Thou Art Loosed as himself
- 2009: Not Easily Broken as Allen
- 2011: Jumping the Broom as Reverend James
- 2010: Munya as Reverend Brian
- 2012: Woman Thou Art Loosed: On the 7th Day as himself
- 2012: Sparkle – Producer
- 2014: Heaven Is for Real – Producer
- 2014: Winnie Mandela – Producer
- 2016: Miracles from Heaven – Producer
- 2018: Faith Under Fire – Executive Producer
- 2019: A Dog’s Way Home – Executive Producer
T. D. Jakes Quotes
- “No woman wants to be in submission to a man who isn’t in submission to God!”
- “a setback is a setup for a comeback”
- “Each day is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to Him.”
- “Its not over, until the Lord says its over.”
- “If you can’t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.”
- “Never make a permanent decision about a temporary situation.”
- “We are the people that we have been waiting for and no one else is coming.”
- “Blame unto others only as you would first blame yourself.”
- “Silence isn’t golden and it surely doesn’t mean consent, so start practicing the art of communication.”
T. D. Jakes Books
These are some of the books he has written:
- Woman Thou Art Loosed: Healing
- Reposition Yourself: Living
- The Lady,Her Lover and Her
- Before you Do: Making Great
- Loose That Man and Let Him Go
- Daddy Loves His Girls
- So You Call Yourself a Man?
- Let it Go: Forgive So You Can Be
- Crushing Study Guide: God Turns Pressure into Power – 2019
- Soar! Build Your Vision from the Ground Up – 2017
Frequently Asked Questions About T. D. Jakes
T. D. Jakes is a renowned Bishop, Author, and Filmmaker. He is the bishop of The Potter’s House, a non-denominational American megachurch, whose services and evangelistic sermons are broadcast on ‘The Potter’s Touch’.
Jakes is an American national born on 9th June 1957, in South Charleston, West Virginia.
Jakes stands at a height of 6 feet 3 inches (1.91 meters).
Yes, Jakes is married to his wife Serita Jamison. The couple tied the knot on 29 May 1982 and they have five children, three sons named Jermaine, Jamar, Thomas Jakes Jr., and two daughters named Sarah Jakes Roberts and Cora Jakes Coleman.
Jakes has an approximate net worth of $20 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the entertainment industry.
Details about Jakes’ salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Jakes is a resident of Dallas, Texas, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Jakes is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of his being sick or having any health-related issues.
T. D. is the bishop of The Potter’s House, a non-denominational American megachurch, whose services and evangelistic sermons are broadcast on ‘The Potter’s Touch’.
T. D. Jakes Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
Featured Famous Models
- Alison Roman
- Amor Towles
- Anne Marie West
- Berniece Baker Miracle
- Bill Bryson
- Connie Willis
- Craig Johnson
- Dave Canterbury
- Delia Owens
- Doreen Virtue
- Douglas Murray
- Dr Joe Dispenza
- Dwayne Wayans
- Elizabeth Kloepfer
- Faye Resnick
- Gabrielle Bernstein
- Gigi Graham
- Gordon Keith
- Heather Lindsey
- Henry Lee
- Jackie Hill Perry
- Jen Wilkin
- Jentezen Franklin
- Jonathan Cahn
- Justine Musk
- Keith Ablow
- Lisa Harper
- Lori Gottlieb
- Lysa Terkeurst
- Mark Hemingway
- Marni Kinrys
- Mitch Glazer
- Molly Jong Fast
- Nancy Brinker
- Neal Barnard
- Patrick Madrid
- Paul Tassi
- Philip Yancey
- Reeve Lindbergh
- Rich Lowry
- Rich Wilkerson Jr
- Roderick Spencer
- Sandra Walker
- Sidra Smith
- Stormie Omartian
- Tara Westover
- Ted Williams
- Tiffany Cross
- Victor Davis Hanson
- Victoria Osteen