Tina Cervasio Biography
Tina Cervasio is an American sports journalist who was born and brought up in Nutley, New Jersey, United States of America. Currently, she works at Fox 5 NY WNYW in New York City, New York, as the lead sports anchor for Good Day New York and the host of Sports Extra on Sunday nights at 10:30.
Previously, before joining Fox 5 NY, Cervasio worked as a sideline reporter at CBS Sports Network. She also worked for SiriusXM NBA Radio as a host, the New York Red Bulls television broadcasts as the pre-game and halftime host and reporter.
Cervasio is the winner of Seven New York Emmy Awards as part of the New York Knicks Broadcasts on MSG Networks from 2008 to 2015. She worked at MSG Networks as the sideline reporter for the New York Knicks. During her time with MSG Networks, she won seven New York Emmy Awards.
10 Quick Facts About Tina Cervasio
- Name: Tina Cervasio
- Age: 48 years old
- Birthday: 10 December
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Height: 5 feet 7 inches (1.69 m)
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Sports Journalist
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: $24,292 – $72,507
- Net worth: $1 Million – $5 Million
Tina Cervasio Age
Cervasio is 48 years old. She was born on 10 December 1974, in Nutley, New Jersey, United States. She celebrates her birthday on 10 December every year and her birth sign is Sagittarius.
Tina Cervasio Height
Cervasio stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches (1.69 m). Her body measurements are 35-25-37 inches.
Tina Cervasio Weight
Cervasio Weighs 65 kg (143 lbs). She has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair.
Early Life and Education
Tina Cervasio was born on December 10, 1974, in Nutley, New Jersey. She developed an interest in sports at a young age, and her family would often take her to sporting events. Her lifelong interest in sportscasting dates to a trip her family made to the Rose Bowl game when she was eleven years old.
After graduating from Nutley High School in 1992, Cervasio attended the University of Maryland, where she majored in journalism. While at Maryland, she worked at the campus radio station WMUC and anchored a sports program Terrapin Time Out on the university’s television station.
After graduating from Maryland in 1996, Cervasio began her professional career as a sports reporter and anchor. She worked for a variety of television and radio stations in the New York metropolitan area, including WCBS-TV, the New England Sports Network (NESN), and MSG Networks.
Cervasio is a versatile sports journalist who has covered a wide range of sports, including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and college sports. She is known for her knowledge of the game and her ability to connect with viewers. She is also a strong advocate for women in sports.
In addition to her work as a journalist, Cervasio is also a motivational speaker. She has spoken to students and young professionals about the importance of following their dreams and working hard to achieve their goals.
Rise to Fame
Tina Cervasio began her career as a sports anchor and reporter for WCBS-TV in New York. In 2001, she moved to Boston to work as the field reporter for the Boston Red Sox on the New England Sports Network (NESN). In 2007, she received a personalized 2007 World Series ring for her work on NESN.
In 2008, Cervasio joined MSG Networks as the sideline reporter for the New York Knicks. She remained with MSG Networks until 2017. During her time with MSG Networks, she won seven New York Emmy Awards.
Cervasio’s rise to fame began in 2001, when she was hired as the field reporter for the Boston Red Sox on the New England Sports Network (NESN). She quickly became a fan favorite, and her work on NESN helped to establish her as one of the leading female sports journalists in the country.
In 2008, Cervasio joined MSG Networks as the sideline reporter for the New York Knicks. She remained with MSG Networks for nine years, during which time she won seven New York Emmy Awards. Cervasio’s work on MSG Networks helped to make her one of the most recognizable faces in New York sports.
In 2018, Cervasio joined Fox 5 NY WNYW as the lead sports anchor. She also hosts the weekly sports show, “Sports Xtra,” on Sunday nights. Cervasio is now one of the most respected sports journalists in the country, and she continues to be a role model for young women who aspire to work in sports media.
In 2018, Cervasio joined Fox 5 NY WNYW as the lead sports anchor. She also hosts the weekly sports show, “Sports Xtra,” on Sunday nights.
Tina Cervasio Family, Parents
Cervasio was born to her parents Maria Cervasio and Joseph Cervasio in Nutley. Her father is the vice president of the Blue-Green Corporation which is a resort development company. While her mother is the director of the extended-day program at the Nutley Board of Education which provides child care for working parents.
Tina Cervasio Siblings
Cervasio was born and raised by her parents in Nutley. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, it is not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Tina Cervasio Husband
Cervasio is currently married to her husband Kevin McKearney. The couple tied the knot in 2004 by Joseph A. Dwyer Jr., a Roman Catholic deacon, at the Holy Family Church in Nutley, N.J. It’s not known whether they have any children together. The family resides in New Jersey with their Himalayan cats, Luke and Leia.
Tina Cervasio Husband Kevin McKearney
Kevin McKearney works in Clifton, N.J., as the director of marketing as well as public relations for Scratch-Less Disc, a company that is developing a compact disc data-storage business. Also, he is a statistician for the New Jersey Nets, supplying media outlets with basketball scores and player statistics.
Kevin McKearney graduated from St. Bonaventure University. He was born to his mother Mary McKearney and father James E. McKearney Jr. of Manasquan, N.J. His father is retired from the Thomson Corporation, for which he was the president of the Northeast Ohio Newspaper Group in Youngstown.
Tina Cervasio Salary
Cervasio receives an average annual salary of between $24,292 and $72,507. This translates to an hourly average wage of between $10.15 and $31.32. This is Per our average wage estimates for a journalist in the United States. However, these figures may vary substantially according to the level of seniority of the employee. At the moment, we do not have the exact salary but we will update this section when the information is available.
Tina Cervasio Net Worth
Cervasio’s net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million dollars. This includes her assets, money and income. Her primary source of income is her career as a sports journalist. Through her various sources of income, Cervasio has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Tina Cervasio Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Tina.
Tina Cervasio Wiki
- Full Names: Tina Cervasio
- Popular As: Tina
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Sports Journalist
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Known
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Tina Cervasio Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 48 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Date of Birth: 10 December 1974
- Place of Birth: Nutley, New Jersey, USA
- Birthday: 10 December
Tina Cervasio Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: 35-25-37 inches
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 7 inches(1.69 m)
- Weight: 65 kg (143 lbs)
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: 8 (US)
- Dress Size: Not Available
- Breast Size: 35 inches
- Waist Size: 25 inches
- Hip Size: 37 inches
Tina Cervasio Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Joseph Cervasio
- Mother: Maria Cervasio
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Kevin McKearney
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Not Known) Daughter(s) (Not Known)
Tina Cervasio Net worth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 Million – $5 Million
- Salary: $24,292 – $72,507
- Source of Income: Sports Journalist
Tina Cervasio Career
Cervasio was a reporter and host on NFL Sunday Ticket, Animal Planet, FSN New York, Sunshine Network, ESPN2, and The New Jersey Fishing Show on CN8, after her graduation. Her radio experience included updates on WFAN in New York, sideline reporting for the NFL on Sports USA Radio, and also substitute sports anchoring on the Imus in the Morning program on MSNBC and WFAN.
The sports anchor also had a feature article about then-New Jersey Nets all-star guard Jason Kidd published in the Spring 2004 edition of That’s Life magazine. She has hosted the premiere red carpet screening of the film Remedy in 2004 in New York City. She also appeared as a special correspondent on the weekly sports television show North Jersey Sports Showcase in the fall of 2004.
In August 2002, she served as a sideline reporter for the af2’s Arena Cup game which was between the Florida Firecats and Peoria Pirates commentated by Eli Gold and Mike Hold. The game was broadcast live on The Vision Channel, seen only on Dish Network in August 2002. Cervasio interviewed several key people in both the af2 and the Arena Football League.
Cervasio regards her reporting on the 2004 Summer Olympics for Westwood One radio as a highlight of her career. She was the weekend morning sports anchor for WCBS-TV before she began working for NESN in 2006.
Tina Cervasio NESN and Fox 5
Cervasio has worked as a sideline reporter for the NFL on FOX and NBA on TNT over her career. At NESN, she earned a personalized World Series Ring as a team broadcaster, following the Boston Red Sox World Series Championship in 2007. Cervasio left NESN at the end of March 2008, when her contract expired.
Tina Cervasio Philanthropy
In 2008, 2009 and 2013 Cervasio ran the New York City Marathon for Garden of Dreams Foundation in 2008, 2009, and 2013. She regularly also visits New York City Public Schools to motivate students with Sports and Arts in Schools Foundation.
Tina serves on the fundraising committee for the Clara Maass Medical Center Foundation / David Diehl Golf Invitational. She also serves as emcee for several fundraisers each year, including United Way of New York, Voices Against Brain Cancer, Sarcoma Foundation of America, Coaches vs. Cancer among others.
Notable Travel, Events, and Experiences
Tina Cervasio has had a number of notable travel, events, and experiences throughout her career as a sports journalist. Here are a few examples:
- Attending the 2007 World Series: Cervasio was on the field for Game 7 of the 2007 World Series, when the Boston Red Sox defeated the Colorado Rockies. This was a particularly memorable experience for Cervasio, as she was a lifelong Red Sox fan.
- Covering the 2010 Winter Olympics: Cervasio was one of the few female sports journalists to cover the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. This was a great opportunity for Cervasio to showcase her skills as a sports journalist, and she was able to report on some of the biggest stories of the games.
- Traveling to Africa to report on the FIFA Women’s World Cup: In 2011, Cervasio traveled to Africa to report on the FIFA Women’s World Cup. This was a unique opportunity for Cervasio to learn about the sport of soccer in Africa, and she was able to report on some of the best female soccer players in the world.
- Hosting the New York Red Bulls pre-game and halftime shows: Cervasio hosted the New York Red Bulls pre-game and halftime shows for several years. This gave her the opportunity to interact with fans of the team, and she was able to learn a lot about the sport of soccer in the New York area.
Future Aspirations and Goals
Tina Cervasio has achieved great success in her career as a sports journalist, but she is not one to rest on her laurels. She has a number of future aspirations and goals that she is working towards.
- Continue to be a role model for young women: Cervasio is a role model for many young women who aspire to work in sports media. She wants to continue to be a positive influence on these young women, and she wants to help them achieve their dreams.
- Cover more major sporting events: Cervasio has covered some of the biggest sporting events in the world, but she wants to cover even more in the future. She is particularly interested in covering the Olympics and the FIFA World Cup.
- Start her own production company: Cervasio has a passion for storytelling, and she wants to start her own production company in the future. She wants to create content that celebrates women in sports, and she wants to give a voice to those who are often overlooked.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable and Community Involvement
Tina Cervasio is a sports journalist who is passionate about using her platform to give back to the community. She is involved in a number of philanthropic, charitable, and community initiatives, including:
- The V Foundation for Cancer Research: Cervasio is a member of the V Foundation’s Board of Directors. The V Foundation is a non-profit organization that funds cancer research. Cervasio has hosted a number of events for the V Foundation, and she has raised money for the organization.
- The Garden of Dreams Foundation: Cervasio is a supporter of the Garden of Dreams Foundation. The Garden of Dreams Foundation grants wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. Cervasio has met with children who have received wishes from the foundation, and she has helped to raise money for the organization.
- The Boys & Girls Club of America: Cervasio is a supporter of the Boys & Girls Club of America. The Boys & Girls Club of America provides programs and services to children and teens. Cervasio has visited Boys & Girls Clubs in the New York area, and she has helped to raise money for the organization.
Tina Cervasio Awards Accomplishments and Achievements
Tina Cervasio is an American sports journalist who is currently the lead sports anchor for Good Day New York on Fox 5 NY WNYW and the host of Sports Extra on Sunday nights at 10:30 in New York City.
She has worked for CBS Sports Network as a sideline reporter, SiriusXM NBA Radio as a host, the New York Red Bulls television broadcasts as the pre-game and halftime host and reporter. Cervasio is the winner of Seven New York Emmy Awards as part of the New York Knicks Broadcasts on MSG Networks from 2008 to 2015.
Here are some of Tina Cervasio’s awards, accomplishments, and achievements:
- 7 New York Emmy Awards: Cervasio has won seven New York Emmy Awards for her work as a sports journalist. She won her first Emmy Award in 2009 for Outstanding Sports Reporter. She has since won six more Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Sports Anchor in 2015.
- Personalized 2007 World Series ring: Cervasio received a personalized 2007 World Series ring from the Boston Red Sox for her work as a field reporter for the team.
- Advocate for women in sports: Cervasio is a strong advocate for women in sports. She has spoken out about the importance of representation for women in sports media, and she has worked to mentor young women who aspire to work in the field.
- Role model: Cervasio is a role model for many young women who aspire to work in sports media. She is a talented journalist who has achieved great success in her field, and she is also a strong advocate for women in sports.
Tina Cervasio is a sports journalist who has made a significant impact on the field. She is a role model for young women everywhere, and she is a powerful voice for women in sports.
Cervasio has been a sports journalist for over 20 years. She has worked for a variety of television and radio stations, including WCBS-TV, NESN, MSG Networks, and Fox 5 NY. She has covered a wide range of sports, including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and college sports.
Cervasio is a talented reporter and anchor. She is known for her knowledge of the game and her ability to connect with viewers. She is also a strong advocate for women in sports. She has spoken out about the importance of representation for women in sports media, and she has worked to mentor young women who aspire to work in the field.
Cervasio is a role model for young women everywhere. She is a strong and independent woman who has achieved great success in her field. She is an inspiration to young women who aspire to achieve their dreams.
Cervasio is also a powerful voice for women in sports. She has spoken out about the importance of representation for women in sports media, and she has worked to mentor young women who aspire to work in the field. She is an inspiration to young women everywhere, and she is making a difference in the world.
Hobbies and Interests
- Traveling: Cervasio loves to travel and experience new cultures. She has been to over 50 countries, and she is always looking for new places to explore.
- Hiking: Cervasio is an avid hiker, and she loves spending time in the outdoors. She has hiked in some of the most beautiful places in the world, including the Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Park, and Machu Picchu.
- Cooking: Cervasio is a talented cook, and she loves to experiment with new recipes. She is also a big fan of trying new foods, and she is always looking for new restaurants to try.
- Reading: Cervasio is an avid reader, and she loves to read books about sports, history, and travel. She is also a big fan of biographies, and she loves to learn about the lives of successful people.
- Spending time with family and friends: Cervasio is a family-oriented person, and she loves spending time with her husband, Kevin, and their two children. She is also a close friend to many people, and she loves spending time with her loved ones.
- The importance of hard work and dedication: Cervasio believes that hard work and dedication are essential for success. She has said that she has worked hard to achieve her goals in her career, and she encourages others to do the same.
- The importance of believing in yourself: Cervasio believes that it is important to believe in yourself, even when things are tough. She has said that she has had to overcome many challenges in her career, but she has never given up on her dreams.
- The importance of giving back to the community: Cervasio believes that it is important to give back to the community. She is involved in a number of philanthropic and charitable organizations, and she encourages others to do the same.
- The importance of equality for women: Cervasio is a strong advocate for equality for women. She has spoken out about the importance of women’s rights, and she has worked to promote gender equality in sports media.
Tina Cervasio is a talented sports journalist with a strong set of beliefs. She is a role model for young women, and she is an inspiration to many people. She is a strong advocate for equality for women, and she is committed to working towards gender equality in sports media. She is also passionate about mental health, and she is committed to raising awareness about mental health issues.
Tina Cervasio is a fighter. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, even when it is difficult. She is an inspiration to us all to never give up on our fight for what we believe in.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tina Cervasio
Tina is a well-known lead sports anchor for Good Day New York and the host of Sports Extra on Sunday nights for Fox 5 NY WNYW. Prior to joining Fox 5 NY WNYW, she was a sideline reporter for CBS Sports Network.
Tina is an American national born on 10th December 1974, in Nutley, New Jersey.
Tina stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.69 meters).
Yes, Tina is married to Kevin McKearney. They got married in 2004. The couple resides in New Jersey with their cats.
Tina has an approximate net worth of $1 million and $5 million. This amount has been accrued from her leading roles in the media industry.
Tina receives an annual salary ranging between $24,292 and $72,507 that translates to an hourly average wage of between $10.15 and $31.32. This is Per our average wage estimates for a journalist in the United States.
Tina is a resident of New Jersey, USA., we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Tina is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Tina is pursuing her career in journalism. She is working as the lead sports anchor for Good Day New York on Fox 5 NY WNYW and the host of Sports Extra on Sunday nights at 10:30 in New York City.
Tina Cervasio Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net Worth, Achievements, and more about:
About InformationCradle Editorial Staff
This Article is produced by InformationCradle Editorial Staff which is a team of expert writers and editors led by Josphat Gachie and trusted by millions of readers worldwide.
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date. For complain, correction or an update, please send us an email to email@example.com. We promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.