David Jeremiah Biography
Dr. David Jeremiah born David Paul Jeremiah, is the founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries and senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church.
Dr. Jeremiah followed in his father’s footsteps and was sensitive to God’s leading him in his life. In 1963, Dr. Jeremiah graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Cedarville College. In that same year, he married his college lover, Donna Thompson whom they were attending Cedarville College together but she majored in business. In 1967, he went on to receive a Masters’s degree in Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary. In 1981, he completed additional graduate work at Grace Seminary and was granted the Doctor of Divinity degree from Cedarville College.
In 1969, Dr. Jeremiah founded Blackhawk Baptist Church in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and started a Christian school grades K through 12. In the 12 years he served as the main pastor, Blackhawk Baptist Church grew from 7 families to 1300 members. He further launched The Bible Hour television program.
Dr. Jeremiah heeded God’s call, and in 1981 he and his family relocated to California where he became the senior pastor of Scott Memorial Baptist Church, now Shadow Mountain Community Church in El Cajon.
Shadow Mountain Community Church is one of the largest churches in San Diego County. It is also the home of Southern California Seminary and Christian Unified Schools.
Dr. David Jeremiah Turning Point Ministries
As Dr. Jeremiah commenced his ministry at Shadow Mountain, he felt God’s calling to advance the broadcast ministry he began in Fort Wayne. Turning Point Ministries became a reality in 1982.
Turning Point with Dr.David Jeremiah
Today, Turning Point’s 30-minute radio program is heard on more than 2,200 stations globally. In recognition of Dr. Jeremiah’s dedication to teaching the Word of God, he won the Broadcaster of the Year Award in 1999 from the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB), in August 2002, won the Award of Merit from the Western Chapter of National Religious Broadcasters for Excellence in Broadcasting and Faithfulness in Service, and in 2006 Turning Point won the Best Radio Teaching Program Award.
Turning Point began a television program in 1982 in San Diego and went nationwide in 2000. Now watched around the world through cable and satellite technology, as well as on terrestrial stations all across the United States, conservative estimates suggest that close to 200 million homes around the world have access to Dr. Jeremiah’s Bible teaching each week.
Turning Point Television gives a half-hour Bible study message and a whole hour worship service with the very great preaching.
Dr. Jeremiah is a highly demanded conference speaker for organizations around the country and beyond. He regularly speaks at Cedarville College, Dallas Theological Seminary, Moody Bible Institute, Billy Graham Training Center, Phil Waldrep’s Senior Adult Celebrations, National Quartet Convention and numerous NFL, NBA and Baseball chapels.
How/ Where to Watch the Turning Point with Dr.David Jeremiah
The program airs on national networks including TBN, ION, Daystar, INSP, USA, Lifetime, UPtv and ABC Family.
How/ Where to Listen to David Jeremiah Sermons on Radio
Listen to today’s radio broadcast, find David Jeremiah radio near you, and request correlating Bible study resources from Dr. Jeremiah.
David Jeremiah Age
David Jeremiah is 79 years old as of 2019. He was born on February 13, 1941, in Toledo, OH.
David Jeremiah Family
He was born on February 13, 1941, in Toledo, Ohio to Ruby Jeremiah and James T. Jeremiah, a Baptist pastor and former president of Cedarville University.
Dr. Jeremiah was brought up in a family deeply committed to service and prayer. When he was eleven years old, Dr. Jeremiah and his family relocated to Dayton, Ohio where his father, Dr. James T. Jeremiah, was the Minister of Emmanuel Baptist Church, and later in 1953, he was elected the President of Cedarville College in Cedarville, Ohio.
David Jeremiah Wife, David Jeremiah Children
David Jeremiah is married to wife Donna Jeremiah, the couple married in 1963. David Jeremiah and Donna have four grown children and twelve grandchildren. Daniel, one of his son is a former NFL scout and is currently an analyst with the NFL Network.
David Jeremiah Facts and Body Measurements
Here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss about Dr. Jeremiah.
• Full Name: David Paul Jeremiah.
• Age/ How Old?: 79 years.
• Date of Birth: February 13, 1941.
• Place of Birth: Toledo, OH.
• Education: Cedarville College.
• Birthday: February 13
• Nationality: American.
• Father’s Name: James T. Jeremiah
• Mother’s Name: Ruby Jeremiah
• Wife/ Married?: Yes, Donna Jeremiah.
• Children/ Kids: 4 Children.
• Height/ How tall?: 1.70 m tall.
• Weight: 75 kg.
• Profession: Author, Televangelist.
• Net worth: $25 million.
David Jeremiah Net Worth
David Jeremiah has an estimated net worth of $25 million as of 2020. His net worth stems from his award-winning inspirational books, through his ministry on radio, TV, and corporate speaking.
David Jeremiah Books – Dr. David Jeremiah Books
Along with his speaking schedule around the country, Dr. Jeremiah also finds time to fulfill another passion in his life, writing. His books are always gripping and right to the point. Some have won awards for Dr. Jeremia; Prayer – The Great Adventure won the 1998 Gold Medallion Award for Best Christian Living Book, and My Heart’s Desire won the 2003 Gold Medallion Award for Best Inspirational Book.
Some of his books include:
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
2. Diabetes Treatment
4. Breast Cancer
5. Blood Pressure
6. Heart Attack
• Everything You Need 2019, Thomas Nelson ISBN 0-78522393-2
• A Life Beyond Amazing 2017, Thomas Nelson ISBN 0-71807990-6
• Philippians: Twenty-Six Daily Bible Studies 1983, B C M Publications ISBN 0-86508-208-1
• David Jeremiah and C.C. Carlson; The Handwriting on the Wall 1992, W Publishing Group (256 pages) ISBN 0-8499-3365-X
• Turning Toward Joy/Philippians 1992, Chariot Victor Publishing (237 pages) ISBN 1-56476-009-X
• Turning Toward Integrity 1993, Chariot Victor Publishing (238 pages) ISBN 1-56476-070-7
• Acts of Love 1994, Vision House, (204 pages) ISBN 1-885305-00-1
• David Jeremiah and C.C. Carlson; Invasion of Other Gods 1996, W Publishing Group (240 pages) ISBN 0-8499-3987-9
• What the Bible Says About Angels 1996, Multnomah (222 pages) ISBN 0-88070-902-2 (Paperback ISBN 1-57673-336-X)
• The Power of Encouragement 1997, Multnomah ISBN 1-57673-135-9
• Gifts from God: Encouragement and Hope for Today’s Parents 1999, Chariot Victor Publishing (240 pages) ISBN 1-56476-766-3
• Escape the Coming Night 2001, W Publishing Group (276 pages) ISBN 0-8499-4368-X
• Stories of Hope from a Bend in the Road 2001, J. Countryman (128 pages) ISBN 0-8499-5708-7
• Until I Come 2001, W Publishing Group (212 pages) ISBN 0-8499-4275-6
• A Bend in the Road: Finding God When Your World Caves In 2002, W Publishing Group (208 pages) ISBN 0-8499-4333-7
• Sanctuary: Finding Moments of Refuge in the Presence of God 2002, Integrity Publishers (384 pages) ISBN 1-59145-023-3
• His Majesty’s Melody 2003, Integrity Publishers (40 pages) ISBN 1-59145-046-2
• The Things That Matter: Living a Life of Purpose Until Christ Returns 2003, W Publishing Group (96 pages) ISBN 0-8499-1794-8
• My Heart’s Desire: Living Every Moment in the Wonder of Worship 2004, Integrity Publishers (224 pages) ISBN 1-59145-154-X
• Prayer: The Great Adventure 2004, Multnomah (272 pages) ISBN 1-59052-182-X
• Searching for Heaven on Earth: How to Find What Really Matters in Life 2004, Integrity Publishers (323 pages) ISBN 1-59145-066-7
• The Prayer Matrix: Plugging into the Unseen Reality 2004, Multnomah (96 pages) ISBN 1-59052-181-1
• When Your World Falls Apart 2004, W Publishing Group (304 pages) ISBN 0-8499-0436-6
• Life Wide Open: Unleashing the Power of a Passionate Life 2005, Integrity Publishers (205 pages) ISBN 1-59145-319-4
• Thomas Kinkade and The Secret of the Light 2005, J. Countryman (96 pages) ISBN 1-4041-0108-X
• Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God 2006, Integrity Publishers (216 pages) ISBN 1-59145-389-5
• God in You: Releasing the Power of the Holy Spirit in Your Life 2006, Multnomah Publishers Inc (348 pages) ISBN 1-59052-803-4
• David Jeremiah, Why the Nativity? 2006, Tyndale (155 pages)
• What In the World is Going On?: 10 Prophetic Clues You Cannot Afford to Ignore 2008, Thomas Nelson (257 pages) ISBN 0-7852-2887-X
• David Jeremiah, The Coming Economic Armageddon: What Bible Prophecy Warns About the New Global Economy 2010, FaithWords (293 pages) ISBN 978-0-446-56594-3
• David Jeremiah, I Never Thought I’d See the Day!: Culture at the Crossroads 2011, FaithWords (253 pages) ISBN 0-446-56595-4
• God Loves You: He Always Has – He Always Will 2012, FaithWords (295 pages) ISBN 978-0-446-56597-4
• The Jeremiah Study Bible 2013, Worthy Publishing (2240 pages) ISBN 978-1-936-03489-5
• The Heart of Jesus 2014, Worthy Publishing (128 pages) ISBN 978-1-617-95320-0
• Agents of the Apocalypse: A Riveting Look at the Key Players of the End Times 2014, Tyndale Publishing, (293 pages) ISBN 978-1-4143-8049-0
• Living With Confidence In A Chaotic World 2009, Thomas Nelson (235 pages) ISBN 978-0-8499-1962-6
• Slaying The Giants In Your Life 2001, W Publishing Group (203 pages) ISBN 1-59328-007-6
• Is This The End? Signs of God’s Providence in a Disturbing New World 2016, Thomas Nelson (240 pages) ISBN 978-0-718-07986-4
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.