Karen Hesse Biography and Wiki
Karen Hesse is an American author born and brought up in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Hesse is well known as the author of children’s literature and literature for young adults mainly with historical settings.
Karen Hesse Age and Birthday
Karen S. Hesse is 67 years old as of 2019, she was born on August 29th, 1952, in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. She celebrates her birthday every August 29th of every year. Hesse will be turning 68 years on August 29th, 2020. Her birth sign is Virgo.
Karen Hesse Height and Weight
Hesse stands at an average height and moderate weight. She appears to be quite tall if her photos, relative to her surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding her actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Karen Hesse Education
Hesse is an alma mater from Towson University, University of Maryland, and Collge Park. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in English with double minors in psychology and anthropology. Additionally, Karen studied math at Towson State College.
Karen Hesse Parents
Hesse has grown up in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. After doing our research, details about her parents are not known to the public and it is also not known if she has any siblings.
Karen Hesse Family
Hesse is married to Randy Hesse. The two got married in 1978 before Karen completed her studies. After graduating from school, Karen and Randy moved to Brattleboro, Vermont. Randy and Karen are blessed with two children, Rachael and Kate.
Karen Hesse Net Worth
Hesse has not revealed her net worth. She is a simple person and never likes to attract public attention by publicly displaying her wealth. However, this section is under review, we will update you when details about her net worth are revealed.
Karen Hesse Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Hesse;
Karen Hesse Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Karen S. Hesse
- Popular As: Karen
- Gender: Female
- Occupation / Profession: Author
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: Updating
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Karen Hesse Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 67 years old as of 2019
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Date of Birth: August 29th, 1952
- Place of Birth: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- Birthday: August 29th
Karen Hesse Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Updating
- Height / How Tall?: Updating
- Weight: Updating
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Black
- Shoe Size: Updating
- Dress Size: Updating
- Breast Size: Updating
- Waist Size: Updating
- Hip Size: Updating
Karen Hesse Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Updating
- Mother: Updating
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Updating
- Marital Status: Married
- Husband/Spouse: Married to Randy Hesse
- Dating / Boyfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: 2Daughter (Rachael and Kate)
Karen Hesse Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $50k- $100k
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Author
Karen Hesse House and Cars
- Place of living: Brattleboro, Vermont, United States
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Karen Hesse Out of the Dust
Hesse’s verse novel, Out of the Dust was first published in 1997. The book follows the story of a 14-year-old girl, Billie Jo. Billie Jo has to learn how to navigate life amid the 1930s Dust Bowl.
Billie struggles with loss and hardship all the way through. The quiet strength she displays while dealing with unspeakable loss is as surprising as it is inspiring.
Karen Hesse Witness
The novel, Witness, is a free poetry book of historical fiction that was published in 2001. The book follows a story on racism in a rural Vermont town in 1924. In Witness, Hesse continues the distinctive poetic style she pioneered in Out of the Dust (1998). The two books are part of a notable recent cluster of verse novels for children and young adults.
Karen Hesse Flatow
Karen Hesse Quotes
- “the way I see it, hard times aren’t only about money, or drought, or dust. hard times are about losing spirit, and hope, and what happens when dreams dry up.”
- “I don’t know what I am thinking. But I am alone. I am trapped in the net of the room. In the net of humans. I think maybe I am drowning in the net of humans.”
- “I hear the first drops. Like the tapping of a stranger at the door of a dream, the rain changes everything.”
- “to those who swear our young are on the road to perdition take comfort in this- every generation has felt somewhat the same for two or three thousand years and the still the world goes on.”
- “I play songs that have only the pattern of my self in them and you hum along supporting me. You are the companion to myself. The mirror with my mother’s eyes.”
Karen Hesse Books
- Wish on a Unicorn
- Letters from Rifka
- Lester’s Dog, illus. Nancy Carpenter
- Poppy’s Chair, illus. Kay Life
- Phoenix Rising
- Sable, illus. Marcia Sewall
- A Time of Angels
- Lavender, illus. Andrew Glass
- The Music of Dolphins
- Out of the Dust
- Just Juice, illus. Robert Andrew Parker
- Come on, Rain, illus. Jon J. Muth
- A Light in the Storm: the Civil War Diary of Amelia Martin
- Aleutian Sparrow
- The Stone Lamp: Eight Stories of Hanukkah through History, illus. J. Brian Pinkney
- The Cats in Krasinski Square, illus. Wendy Watson
- The Young Hans Christian Andersen
- Spuds, illus. Wendy Watson
- Brooklyn Bridge
- “Nell” — a short story included in the young-adult anthology What You Wish For
- My Thumb
Frequent Asked Questions About Karen Hesse
Who is Karen Hesse?
Karen Hesse is an accomplished author who gained wide recognition as the author of children’s literature and literature for young adults mainly with historical settings.
How old is Karen Hesse?
Karen is an American national born on August 29th, 1952, in Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
How tall is Karen Hesse?
Hesse stands at an average height, she has not shared her height with the public. Her height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
Is Karen Hesse married?
Yes, she is married to Randy Hesse. The two got married in 1978 before Karen completed her studies. After graduating from school, Karen and Randy moved to Brattleboro, Vermont. Randy and Karen are blessed with two children, Rachael and Kate.
How much is Karen Hesse worth?
Karen has not yet revealed her net worth. We will update this section when we get and verify information about the wealth and properties under her name.
Where does Karen live?
She is a resident of Brattleboro, Vermont, United States, we shall upload pictures of her house as soon as we have them.
Is Karen dead or alive?
Karen is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of her being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Karen now?
Karen Hesse is an American author well known as the author of children’s literature and literature for young adults mainly with historical settings.
Karen Hesse Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.