Larry Lea Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Larry Lea Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Larry Lea
- 3 Larry Lea Age
- 4 Larry Lea Height
- 5 Larry Lea Education
- 6 Larry Lea Family, Parents and Siblings
- 7 Larry Lea Wife Melva: Is she married?
- 8 Larry Lea Net Worth
- 9 Larry Lea Measurements and Facts
- 10 Larry Lea Church on the Rock
- 11 Larry Lea Prayer, Ministries
- 12 Larry Lea Aftermath
- 13 Larry Lea Books
- 14 Larry Lea Quotes
- 15 Frequently Asked Questions About Larry Lea
- 16 Larry Lea Social Media Contacts
- 17 Related Biographies.
- 18 Popular Posts
Larry Lea is an American pastor and televangelist in Rockwall, Texas, he was previously known as Harold Lawrence. He became the youth pastor of Beverly Hills Baptist Church in Dallas, where the youth department shot up from 40 to 1,000.
While pastoring Church on the Rock in Rockwall, Texas, He also served as Dean of Theological and Spiritual Affairs at Oral Roberts University.
10 Quick Facts About Larry Lea
- Name: Larry Lea
- Age: 69 years old
- Birthday: 30 January
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Height: Average
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Pastor and televangelist
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: To be updated
- Net worth: $1 million dollars
Larry Lea Age
Lea is 69 years old as of 2020, he was born on 30 January 1951 in Texas, United States. He celebrates her birthday on January 30 every year and his birth sign is Aquarius.
Larry Lea Height
Lea stands at an average height and has moderate weight. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Larry Lea Education
Lea attended and graduated from Dallas Baptist University. He completed his graduate work at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth.
Larry Lea Family, Parents and Siblings
Lea was born and raised by her parents in the United States. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Larry’s parents is still unclear. It is also not known if he has any siblings. Nevertheless, this section will be updated as soon as it is available. He belongs to American nationality and white ethnicity.
Larry Lea Wife Melva: Is she married?
Lea is married to Melva, the couple married in 1972. The couple has three children together. Lea and Melva met at Dallas Baptist University.
Larry Lea Net Worth
Lea has an estimated net worth of $1 million dollars as of 2020. This includes his Assets, Money, and Income. His primary source of income is his career as a pastor and televangelist. Through his various sources of income, Lea has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Larry Lea Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Larry Lea.
Larry Lea Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Harold Lawrence
- Popular As: Pastor and televangelist in Rockwall, Texas
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Pastor
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Larry Lea Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 69 years old as of 2020
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Date of Birth: 30 January 1951
- Place of Birth: Texas, United States
- Birthday: January 30
Larry Lea Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be updated
- Height / How Tall?: Average
- Weight: Moderate
- Eye Color: To be updated
- Hair Color: To be updated
- Shoe Size: To be updated
Larry Lea Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): To be updated
- Mother: To be updated
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): To be updated
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Melva
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Three
Larry Lea Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 million dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Pastor and televangelist
Larry Lea House and Cars
- Place of living: US
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Larry Lea Church on the Rock
Following a stint as an itinerant preacher in the late 1970s, Lea was invited to pastor Church on the Rock in 1980 with 12 people in Rockwall, Texas, a suburb of Dallas.
Within 5 years, the congregation had increased to over 5,000. In 1986, Lea began to travel once more, holding what he has known as “Prayer Clinics” and later, “Prayer Rallies” or “Prayer Breakthroughs”.Also, that year marked the start of Lea’s programme, called Change Your Life.
Also, that year, Lea released his first book, the best-seller Could You Not Tarry One Hour?, which was his teaching on The Lord’s Prayer. He also began a partnership group where his partners were referred to as “Prayer Warriors”.In June 1990, Lea stepped aside as pastor to oversee Church on the Rock, which was a group of churches that was called a “virtual denomination” according to Christianity Today.
The successor of this organization, still named COTRI, is LED by former Church on the Rock assistant pastor Dr.Lawrence Kennedy. Under Lea COTRI had 45 churches nationwide; now the number includes over 350 in the U.S. and thousands worldwide.
Larry Lea Prayer, Ministries
It has been said Dr. Larry Lea is the father of the international prayer movement. Oral Roberts called him an Apostle of prayer. God used Dr. Larry Lea as a young man in a front room with a few people to establish and birth Church on the Rock Church that grew to over 11,000 along with a movement of network churches that became known as Church on the Rock International (COTRI) which had at one time over 2000 churches worldwide.
Lea is also the author of the internationally acclaimed best-seller, Could You Not Tarry One Hour? For over 25 years in over 21 languages around the world. He has authored other books as well as The Hearing Ear, The Weapons of your Warfare, Releasing the Prayer Anointing, and others. For a season He was the Dean of the Theological Seminary at Oral Roberts University where he spent much time with the founder and the late Oral Roberts.
For years, he had a daily primetime television show broadcasted around the world. Through these different platforms, Dr. Lea raised up an army of over 370,000 Prayer warriors that are still growing around the world committed to praying for one hour a day. Over the past 20 years, he has personally traveled to over 61 nations ministering to masses of people the message of prayer. He will continue to be a prayer catalyst to churches and ministries in the nations.
Larry Lea Aftermath
Lea’s organization had grown so quickly, he made the decision to allow the National Religious Broadcasters financial integrity arm, EFICOM “Ethics and Financial Integrity Commission”, to audit his ministry to look into the charges. While EFICOM would determine he had been delinquent in sending his financial information, the group determined that Lea had not misused the funds for the Poland project.
The EFICOM committee also accused ABC News of misleading Lea about the interview’s purpose and ignoring “significant facts”; such as signed affidavits from Polish church officials that would have confirmed Lea’s claims. By May 1992 “after ending his Change Your Life broadcasts the previous December after the expose”, Lea would make a return to the airwaves with a show titled America, Let’s Pray.
His credibility and prominence in the charismatic community evaporated (though not as quickly as Tilton’s), as he traveled with Morris Cerullo at the latter’s crusades in the mid-1990s. Lea also claimed that he suffered a relapse of bipolar disorder. In 1994, he took a position as a pastor in San Diego.
This lasted until 1997. After 27 years of marriage, Larry filed for divorce in April 1999. During the divorce, his wife attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Lee’s son John started the Life Church in Rockwall, Texas in the same Dallas suburb where Larry and his ex-wife began Church on the Rock in 1980. Lea has since remarried and has come back to the Rockwall space.
The Church on the Rock main campus was later sold to Lake Pointe Baptist Church, a Southern Baptist megachurch in the Rockwall area which relocated to the site and renamed itself Lake Pointe Church; while the church itself moved to the nearby Rowlett area and was renamed Church in the City on January 2007.
Larry Lea Books
- Could you not tarry one hour? 1987
- Releasing the prayer anointing 1996
- Hearing Ear Learning: To Listen to God 1988
- The weapons of your warfare 1989
- The hearing ear 1993
- Wisdom: Don’t Live Life Without it 1990
- Learning the Joy of Prayer: How to Spend One Hour with God 1989
- Highest Calling: Serving in the Royal Priesthood 1991
- Classics on Prayer: Learning the Joy of Prayer; Pray in the Spirit; Praying Together 1999
- The Lords Prayer: Millions Transformed by This Message 1991
Larry Lea Quotes
- “Every believer may not be called to preach, but every Christian is called to pray. Prayer is our duty. Prayer is our privilege. Prayer, like air, water, and food, is necessary for our survival and growth. But many believers regard prayer as an optional activity.”
- “They feared the giants instead of God. They focused on the problems instead of the promises. They saw walled cities instead of the will of God.
- And because they missed what the Spirit was saying, they wandered in the desert 40 years. They died there and their bones bleached in the wilderness.”
Frequently Asked Questions About Larry Lea
Who is Larry Lea?
Larry Lea is a famous pastor and televangelist in Rockwall, Texas, he was previously known as Harold Lawrence.
How old is Larry Lea?
Lea is an American national born on 30 January 1951 in Texas, United States.
How tall is Larry Lea?
Lea stands at an average height, he has not shared his height with the public. Her height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
Is Larry Lea married?
Yes, he is married to Melva, the couple married in 1972. The couple has three children together. Lea and Melva met at Dallas Baptist University.
How much is Larry Lea worth?
Melva has an approximate net worth of $1 million. This amount has been accrued from his successful career as a pastor and televangelist.
Where does Larry Lea live?
She is a resident of Rockwall, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Larry Lea dead or alive?
Lea is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Larry Lea Now?
Pastor: Lea is pursuing his career as a pastor and televangelist in Rockwall, Texas.
Larry Lea Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
- Evan Joseph Asher Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Girlfriend, Parents, Autism and Net Worth
- Ryan Gosling Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Wife, Kids, Movies, Drive, Notebook, and Net Worth.
- Apolo Anton Ohno Bio, Wiki, Age, Nationality, Height, Wife, Married, Girlfriend, Gold Medal, Olympics, and Net Worth
- Tiffany Rockelle Bio, Wiki, Age, Husband, Son, Piper Rockelle and Net Worth
- Kendall Toole Bio, Age, Wiki, Height, Husband, Parents and Net Worth
- Apolo Ohno Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Net Worth, Family, Athlete, Girlfriend
Featured Famous Pastors and Preachers
- Adrian Rogers
- Alistair Begg
- Allen Jackson
- Alvin Love Ii
- Andrew Wommack
- Bill Johnson
- Bishop Dale Bronner
- Carroll Roberson
- Cathe Laurie
- Charles Stanley
- Chris Hodges
- Chuck Smith
- Costi Hinn
- Daniel Kolenda
- Dave Meyer
- David Ring
- Dodie Osteen
- Donnie Swaggart
- E Dewey Smith
- Eva Rodriguez
- Gabriel Swaggart
- Gloria Copeland
- Gregory Dickow
- Jack Hayford
- Jack Hibbs
- James Merritt
- Joel Osteen
- John Ramirez
- Joyce Meyer
- Kathryn Kuhlman
- Kay Arthur
- Lester Sumrall
- Lori Bakker
- Marilyn Hickey
- Mark Finley
- Matthew Hagee
- Michael Beckwith
- Michael Todd
- Morris Cerullo
- Pastor Calvin Roberson
- Paul Washer
- Perry Stone
- Pete Wilson
- Rance Allen
- Robert Madu
- Robert Morris
- Samuel Rodriguez
- Shawn Bolz
- Thomas Wesley Weeks Iii
- Tony Campolo