Moses Kuria Biography
Table of Contents
- 1 Moses Kuria Biography
- 2 10 Quick Facts About Moses Kuria
- 3 Moses Kuria Age
- 4 Moses Kuria Height
- 5 Moses Kuria Education
- 6 Moses Kuria Family
- 7 Moses Kuria Wife
- 8 Moses Kuria Salary
- 9 Moses Kuria Net Worth
- 10 Moses Kuria Measurements and Facts
- 11 Moses Kuria Career
- 12 Moses Kuria Accident
- 13 Moses Kuria Sickness
- 14 Moses Kuria Chopper
- 15 Overview of a Members of Parliament in Kenya
- 16 Responsibilities of Member Parliament
- 17 Qualifications for Election as an MP
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions About Moses Kuria
- 19 Moses Kuria Contacts
- 20 Related Biographies
Moses Kiarie Kuria is a renowned Kenyan politician and presently serving as Cabinet Secretary (CS) for Trade Investment and Industry having been nominated by President William Ruto, and successfully vetted by the 13th Parliament of Kenya.
He was announced on 27th October 2022 as the new CS for Trade, Investment, and Industry substituting Betty Maina. He correspondingly served as a member of Parliament for Gatundu South from 2013. He was re-elected as an MP in the 2017 general elections to serve for a 5-year parliamentary term, running until 2022.
He is a member of the United Democratic Alliance. He was first elected unopposed to the position after it was declared empty following the demise of Hon. Jossy Ngugi was elected to represent the people of Gatundu South on the TNA party.
10 Quick Facts About Moses Kuria
- Name: Moses Kuria
- Age: 51 Years (2022)
- Birthday: 19 February
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Height: Average
- Nationality: Kenyan
- Occupation: Politician, Cabinet Secretary (CS)
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: Ksh.924,000
- Net worth: Ksh.750 million
Moses Kuria Age
Moses is 51 years old as of 2022, he was born on 19 February 1971, in Gatundu South Constituency, Kiambu County, Kenya. He celebrates his birthday on 19 February every year, and his birth sign is Pisces.
Moses Kuria Height
Kuria stands at an average height. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
Moses Kuria Education
Kuria studied at Githuya Primary School in Gatundu. He then moved to pursue his secondary education at Ituru Secondary School. He subsequently pursued a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Nairobi. At Nairobi University he served as the treasurer of the Students Organisation of Nairobi University (SONU).
Tertiary / University
- Date: 1993
- Education Institution: Bachelor of Commerce
- Qualification: Bachelor of Commerce
- Date: 1987
- Education Institution: Ituru Secondary School
- Qualification: KCSE
- Date: 1983
- Education Institution: Githuya Primary School
- Qualification: CPE
Moses Kuria Family
Kuria was born and raised by his parents in Gatundu South Constituency, Kiambu County. Our efforts to find out more about her family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Kate’s parents is still unclear. It is also not known if she has any siblings. We will update this section once this information is available.
Moses Kuria Wife
Kuria is married to his lovely and humble wife, Joyce Njambi whom they met in Saudi Arabia. They have two sons whose names are not yet revealed.
Moses Kuria Salary
Kuria receives a monthly basic salary of Ksh.924,000 as the Cabinet Secretary (CS) for Trade Investment and Industry. He also receives an official state car with a maximum engine capacity of 3000cc. He again receives Medical Benefits, which include an annual medical cover for one spouse and up to four children under the age of twenty-five who are fully dependent on the state officer.
The benefits are as follows: Inpatient Ksh 10 million, Outpatient Ksh.300,000, Maternity Ksh.150,000, Dental Ksh.75,000, and Optical Ksh.75,000. State officers are also eligible for a Ksh.10 million car loan and a Ksh.40 million mortgage.
Moses Kuria Net Worth
Kuria has an estimated net worth of Ksh.750 million as of 2022. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a Politician. Through his various sources of income, he has been able to accumulate good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Moses Kuria Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Moses Kuria.
Moses Kuria Wiki
- Full Names: Moses Kiarie Kuria
- Popular As: Kenyan Politician
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Politician, Cabinet Secretary (CS)
- Nationality: Kenyan
- Race / Ethnicity: Agikuyu
- Religion: Christian
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Moses Kuria Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 51 Years (2022)
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Date of Birth: 19 February 1971
- Place of Birth: Gatundu South Constituency, Kiambu County, Kenya
- Birthday: 19 February
Moses Kuria Body Measurements
- Height / How Tall?: Average
- Weight: Moderate
Moses Kuria Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/ Spouse: Joyce Njambi
- Children: Sons (Two)
Moses Kuria Net Worth and Salary
- Net Worth: Ksh.750 million
- Salary: Ksh.924,000
- Source of Income: Politician, Cabinet Secretary (CS)
Moses Kuria Career
After a short stint, he sought a job at Family Finance and Building Society but would disagree with the owner, Mr. Titus Muya, after only four days over money. “During the six-month probation, I was to be paid Sh8,000 and after confirmation, he would pay me Sh6,000. I did not see any sense,” says Moses Kuria. That is how he landed at Standard Chartered Bank in 1995.
After seven years, his former boss at Standard Chartered, Mr. Chris Wingfield, had moved to Al Rajhi, the largest Islamic bank in the world. “I got a call from Mr. Wingfield in 2002 and said he wanted me in Saudi Arabia. Apart from good perks, I also met my wife Joyce Njambi there,” he says.
Moses Kuria Accident
Kuria’s feet blasted after standing on an electric mat for four hours as was required, sustaining third-degree burns. In October, it appeared that the company behind Kuria’s electric mat was banned in Texas over cancer cure claims.
Moses Kuria Sickness
Kuria was able to walk again. He had undergone at least eight surgeries and was released from the American Hospital in Dubai on Saturday, February 12. Kuria has been undergoing treatment after nurturing third-degree burns he suffered on his feet following the malfunctioning of a warm mat device. On December 15, 2021, the MP underwent the eighth stem cell surgery.
A stem cell was a modern cutting-edge medical innovation that sought at creating and restoring body cells and nerves. The surgery, Kuria said, was conducted by a team of doctors drawn from the United Arab Emirates, India, Germany, and South Korea. While being taken on a walk after releasing from the hospital on Saturday, one of the American Hospital leads doctors said she was happy to see Kuria back on his feet after 137 days of being unable to walk.
“Today we are walking with the Honourable Moses Kuria on his feet after 137 days. We prevented amputation at the American Hospital in Dubai,” said the doctor in a video posted on Kuria’s Facebook page.
During a short message, Kuria, who stood next to the American Hospital doctor, said: “Thank you to the hospital and to Science.” The MP was among the world’s pioneer patients of stem cell surgery. After nurturing burns in the September 2021 incident, Kuria sought therapy at the Karen Hospital prior to opting for advanced medical attention at the American Hospital in Dubai in early December 2021.
The legislator said he bought the “harmful” electric mat at Sh250,000 from Total Ceragem Africa Limited which sells alternative care medicines.
“The company must take responsibility. I have contacted the Directorate of Criminal Investigations. A criminal and civil process is taking place because I do think that this issue (malfunctioning of the gadget) is of essential and paramount importance to Kenyans. I will ensure I get to the bottom of it,” he said in October.
Several leaders including Deputy President William Ruto, KANU chairperson Gideon Moi, Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho, and Kiambu Governor James Nyoro, among others, visited Kuria during his admission at the American Hospital, Dubai.
Moses Kuria Chopper
Kuria honored his 50th birthday in style holding two parties; a public one and a private one. The first party was held at Gatundu Children’s Home where he transferred the day with the minors and presented foodstuff and other stories. He then flew out to an unknown location using a Eurocopter AS350 Écureuil chopper whose demand rates are upwards of Ksh 175 million.
Overview of a Members of Parliament in Kenya
Kenya has a total of 349 Members of Parliament; 290 are elected from the constituencies, 47 women are elected from the counties, and 12 members are nominated by parliamentary political parties to represent the special interests of youth, persons with disabilities, and workers. The speaker serves as an ex-official member.
Responsibilities of Member Parliament
- Representation: Acts on your behalf on issues of concern to you & the nation.
- Oversight: Controls budget, oversees the presidency, ministries, and parastatals plus appointments.
- Legislation: Develops or contributes to lawmaking.
- CDF: Runs the Constituency Development Fund.
Qualifications for Election as an MP
A person is eligible for election as a member of Parliament if the person
- is registered as a voter;
- satisfies any educational, moral, and ethical requirements prescribed by this Constitution or by an Act of Parliament
- is nominated by a political party, or is an independent candidate who is supported by at least one thousand registered voters in the constituency
Disqualifications for election as an MP
A person is disqualified from being elected a member of Parliament if the person
- is a State officer or other public officer, other than a member of Parliament;
- has, at any time within the five years immediately preceding the date of the election, held office as a member of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission;
- has not been a citizen of Kenya for at least the ten years immediately preceding the date of the election;
- is a member of a county assembly;
- is of unsound mind;
- is an undischarged bankrupt;
- is subject to a sentence of imprisonment of at least six months, as at the date of registration as a candidate, or at the date of the election; (A person is not disqualified unless all possibility of appeal or review of the relevant sentence or decision has been exhausted)
- is found, in accordance with any law, to have misused or abused a State office or public office or in any way to have contravened Chapter Six. of the Kenyan constitution
Frequently Asked Questions About Moses Kuria
Moses Kuria is a renowned Kenyan politician and presently serving as Cabinet Secretary (CS) for Trade Investment and Industry having been nominated by President William Ruto, and successfully vetted by the 13th Parliament of Kenya.
Kuria is a Kenyan national born on 19 February 1971, in Gatundu South Constituency, Kiambu County, Kenya.
Yes, Kuria is married to his lovely and humble wife, Joyce Njambi whom they met in Saudi Arabia. They have two sons whose names are not yet revealed.
Kuria has an approximate net worth of Ksh.750 million. This amount has been accrued from his leading roles in the political industry.
Kuria receives a monthly basic salary of Ksh.924,000 as the Cabinet Secretary (CS) for Trade Investment and Industry.
Because of personal reasons, Moses has not shared his precise location of residence. We will immediately update this information if we get the location and images of the house.
Kuria is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Kuria is presently serving as Cabinet Secretary (CS) for Trade Investment and Industry.