Joel Osteen Biography and Wiki
Joel Osteen is an American pastor, televangelist, and author who was born in Houston, Texas, the United States as Joel Scott Osteen.
In 2018, Osteen’s televised sermons were seen by approximately 10 million viewers in the US as well as several million more in over 100 countries weekly. Osteen has also written some best-selling books.
Joel Osteen Age
Osteen is 57 years old as of 2020, he was born on 5 March 1963 in Houston, Texas, the United States as Joel Scott Osteen. He celebrates his birthday on March 5 every year and his birth sign is Pisces.
Joel Osteen Height
Osteen stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m or 180 cm) and he weighs 72 kg. He also appears to be quite tall in stature in his photos. Osteen has black eyes and dark brown hair color.
Joel Osteen Education
Osteen graduated from Humble High School which is a public high school in the city of Humble, Texas, in 1981 and then attended Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he studied radio and television communications, but he did not graduate; he did not receive a degree from a divinity school.
Osteen went back to Houston, founded Lakewood’s television program, in 1982, and produced his father’s televised sermons for 17 years until his father died unexpectedly from a heart attack in January 1999.
Joel Osteen Family and Parents
Osteen was to John Osteen (father) and Dolores (“Dodie”) Pilgrim(mother) in Houston, Texas. His father’s John Osteen is a former Southern Baptist pastor who founded Lakewood Church, which Osteen is the present senior pastor in the back of an old feed store. His father died in January 1999 due to a heart attack.
He was born and raised among six children. His older siblings, Paul, Lisa, and Tamara, and his younger sister, April, are also involved in full-time ministry. His half-brother Justin does missionary work and is based in New York.
Osteen was raised in Houston, Texas, with a loving family of seven and world-renowned parents in full-time ministry, he never imagined that he would follow so closely in his father’s footsteps. As a young man, his training and interests were behind the scenes in television production though he was close to his father in ministry.
Joel Osteen and Siblings
Osteen was born and raised together with his siblings namely: Paul Osteen (Brother), Lisa Osteen (Sister), April Osteen Simons (Sister) Justin Osteen (Brother), and Tamara Osteen (Sister). He beleonh=gs to American nationality and white et
Joel Osteen Father John Osteen
John Osteen was an American pastor as well as founding pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas, from its beginnings in the year 1959 until his death in 1999. He was born in Houston, Texas as John Hillery Osteen. He was on 21 August 1921 and 23 January 1999.
His television program, John Osteen, ran for 16 years and was broadcast to millions in the U.S. and nearly 50 countries weekly.
Osteen founded Lakewood Church in the year 1959 in Houston, Texas, and developed Lakewood into a body of approximately 15,000 members with active ministries in televangelism, conferences, missionary support, and food distribution.
He hosted the weekly John Osteen television program for 16 years, reaching millions in the U.S. and in many other countries with his preaching. He died after a heart attack at the age of 77 on January 23, 1999.
His youngest son Joel Osteen later became the pastor, who has expanded his father’s church. Lakewood now receives over 52,000 in attendance as well as reaches millions of people around the world by television and online.
Joel Osteen Church Ministries
Osteen was encouraged by his father to preach for many years, but Osteen opted declined, preferring to work behind the scenes until 17th January 1999, when he accepted his father’s suggestion and preached his first sermon. His dad john Osteen died 6 days later because of suffering from a heart attack.
After 2 weeks of his father’s death, He started to preach regularly and later that year was installed as the new senior pastor of Lakewood Church on 3rd October 1999. Lakewood’s attendance had grown from 5,000 to 43,000 as of 2014.
Lakewood Church acquired the Compaq Center, former home of the NBA Houston Rockets in 2003. Renovations cost $105 million, took over 15 months to complete, and included the addition of five stories to add more capacity.
Lakewood’s 2005 grand opening was attended by an estimated 56,000 people alongside Rick Perry, Texas Governor, and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. In 2008 in according to Osteen, Lakewood Church’s weekly service TV program was viewed in more than 100 countries.
Barbara Walters’s list of the 10 Most Fascinating People of 2006 includes also Osteen. John McCain, the former presidential candidate, described Osteen as his favorite inspirational author. In 2010 his family attended Easter breakfast hosted by President Barack Obama at the White House.
Joel Osteen Wife
Joel Osteen is married to Victoria Osteen(née Iloff), Lakewood Church co-pastor. The couple tied the knot on 4 April 1987. They are blessed with two children a son Johnathan Osteen and a daughter Alexandra Osteen.
Joel Osteen Wife Victoria Osteen
Victoria Osteen is an American author and co-pastor of Lakewood Church in Houston Texas. She is also the host of a national weekly radio program, Victoria Osteen Live, on Sirius XM’s Joel Osteen Radio. Victoria is the daughter-in-law of John Osteen and wife to Joel Osteen.
In 1963, at two the age of years old, Osteen moved with her family to Houston, Texas when her dad took a situation with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). She experienced childhood in a southern suburb of Houston, close to the Manned Spacecraft Center (presently known as the Johnson Space Center).
Growing up, Osteen went to the Church of Christ, a moderate orthodox church, where her mom, Georgine Iloff, taught Sunday school, and her dad filled in as a deacon.
1. Health Benefits of Apples
2. Health Benefits of Bananas
3. Health Benefits of Honey
4. Health Benefits of Ginger
5. Health Benefits of Garlic
6. Health Benefits of Lemon
7. Health Benefits of Pumpkin
8. Health Benefits of Watermelons
2. Diabetes Treatment
4. Breast Cancer
5. Blood Pressure
6. Heart Attack
Joel Osteen Wife Age, Victoria Osteen Age
Victoria was born Victoria Iloff on March 28, 1961, in Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America. She celebrates her birthday on 28th March of every year. She is 59 years old as of 2020.
Joel Osteen Children, Kids
Joel and his wife’s Victoria have two children together namely: Johnathan Osteen and Alexandra Osteen.
Joel Osteen Son Johnathan Osteen
Johnathan Osteen was born on 20 April 1995, in Houston, Texas, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on April 20 every year. Osteen is 25 years old as of 2020. The American singer’s zodiac sign is Taurus.
Johnathan is an American singer and an avid Periscope user. He is famously known as the son of an American pastor, Lakewood Church, televangelist Joel Osteen.
He plays guitar and sings in his church choir and is also the lead vocalist of the band, LYA. The group consists of four members, Jonathan, his sister, Alexandra Osteen, Louie Garcia, and Abel Orta. He has been following the strides of his dad and is getting the message of God all over the United States and the world.
Joel Osteen Daughter Alexandra Osteen
Alexandra was born on 9 November 1998 in Houston, Texas. Her birth sign Scorpio, according to the month of birth. She is 22 years old as in 2019, Alexandra is an American singer born and raised in Houston, Texas, United States. She is well-known as the daughter of Televangelist, Joel Osteen.
Her well-known songs are, “What A Beautiful Name”, ” Never Gonna Stop Singing, “Grace To Grace”, “Feeling”, and “To My Knees”.
Nowadays, she is also popular over social networking sites and has amassed an impressive number of followers on her social handle. Joel Osteen is still an author of many inspiring Christian books.
Joel Osteen Net Worth
Osteen has an estimated Net Worth of between $40 Million – $100 Million as of 2020. This includes his Assets, Money and Income. His primary source of income is his career as a pastor, televangelist, and author. Through his various sources of income, Osteen has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Joel Osteen Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Joel Osteen.
Joel Osteen Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Joel Scott Osteen
- Popular As: Pastor
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Pastor, televangelist, and author
- Nationality: America
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Joel Osteen Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 57 years old as of 2020
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Date of Birth: 5 March 1963
- Place of Birth: Houston, Texas, the United States
- Birthday: March 5
Joel Osteen Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be updated
- Height / How Tall?: 5 feet 11 inches
- Weight: 72 kg
- Eye Color: Black
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: To be updated
Joel Osteen Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): John Osteen
- Mother: Dolores (“Dodie”) Pilgrim
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Paul Osteen (Brother), Lisa Osteen (Sister) April Osteen Simons (Sister) Justin Osteen (Brother), and Tamara Osteen (Sister)
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Victoria Osteen
- Dating / Girlfriend: Not Applicable
- Children: Sons (Johnathan Osteen) Daughter(s) (Alexandra Osteen)
Joel Osteen Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $40 Million – $100 Million
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Pastor, televangelist, and author
Joel Osteen House and Cars
- Place of living: Houston, TX
- Cars: Ferrari 458 Italia
Joel Osteen House, Home, and Mansion
Osteen lives with his family in a 17,000 square-foot house, worth an estimated $10.5 million in River Oaks. He purchased a mansion situated in a Houston suburb called River Oaks.
A house that cost him $10 billion and he also owns a second house which costs $2.9 million in Tangkewod, Houston. Osteen large home includes 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 5 open wood fireplaces, 3 elevators, a bedroom guest house, an outdoor pool, and a pool house.
Joel Osteen Messages
Lakewood continued its growth and now draws more than 45,000 weekly attendees. The ministry is today radically impacting lives all over the world through live, televised, and online church services.
Television broadcast Joel’s sermons into every U.S. television market and to over 100 nations around the world every week. Also, his weekly sermons are streamed live over the internet allowing his inspirational messages to reach into virtually every nation.
Osteen has become the most-watched inspirational figure in America according to several sources and Sirius XM launched hi’s Radio, (#128) a channel dedicated to the inspirational messages of Joel and Victoria in 2014. More, over the past 8 years, more than 2 million people have attended Joel and Victoria’s Night of Hope events across the U.S. and around the world.
Joel Osteen and Kanye West
In an interview with Allison Kugel, Osteen was asked about his relationship with Kanye West and how it started. Osteen said”It started with a text from a friend of mine saying, “Kanye West wants to talk with you.” I then got a text one day from (Kanye)that said, “Can we talk?” I called and we talked for an hour or two that first day.
It started from his journey of faith, this new twist that he’s taken. During that first conversation, he told me his background and what he was all about. My next question to him was, “What do you need from us?” He said, “I don’t need anything. I was just looking for friendship.” And so, it started off as friendship, and I was very impressed with him.
He didn’t call to come to the church, and he didn’t really need anything from me. I found him to be very genuine and very respectful over the last six or eight months. He’s just a very genuine, respectful, kind, quite person. Not the Kanye that you see out there.
Joel Osteen Car
Joel disclosed that although beside being a senior pastor in a church with an annual budget of over $70 million, his income comes from the sales of his books as he has since stopped collecting the $200, 000 that was due to him as senior pastor.
He is said to own a whole garage full of automobiles, but Osteen drives a Ferrari 458 Italia, an Italian sports car estimated to be worth R4.5-million.
Joel Osteen Podcasts
Joel & Victoria Osteen inspire people to reach their dreams, find fresh beginnings as well as live their best life. The couple lives in Houston, TX. The following are some of their Podcats:
- SEP 17, 2020, Living A Focused Life
If we’re not careful, it’s easy to waste our time on things that don’t matter in the long run. But if you want to fulfill God’s plan for your life, you have to stay focused. Don’t let the distractions sidetrack you from the good things God has prepared for you
- Be A Bounce Back Person
Life is full of things that try to push us down. But if we’re going to see God’s best, we have to have a bounce back mentality. This means that despite the obstacles, you know God is going to bring you out better than you were before. Your best days are still ahead, and together we can make a difference in this world with the message of God’s hope and love.
- SEP 15, 2020, Thank God In Advance
Most of the time, God’s promises don’t come to fruition overnight. You have to do your part and water the seed. When you praise God in advance, you’re preparing His promises to flourish in your life.
- Miracles Out of Mistakes
When we make mistakes, it’s easy to live in regret, thinking we’ve forfeited our destiny. But God didn’t base His plan for your life on your mistakes. He can take what should have limited you and use it to move you towards your purpose.
- Keep On Walking
It’s easy to get discouraged while we wait for our dreams to come to pass. But just because you don’t see anything happening doesn’t mean God isn’t working.
If you keep believing and doing the right thing, you’ll see things start to shift in your favor. Your best days are still ahead, and together we can make a difference in this world with the message of God’s hope and love.
- SEP 11, 2020, Make Time Alone With God
If you want to know God’s vision for your life, you have to make spending time with Him a priority. Let’s put aside the distractions and practice sitting in His presence. He wants to walk with you through every season of life!
Joel Osteen Quotes
- Faith activates God – Fear activates the Enemy.
- Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life.
- Only God can look at somebody’s heart.
- I’m going to let God be the judge of who goes to heaven and hell.
- God didn’t make a mistake when He made you. You need to see yourself as God sees you.
- It’s God’s will for you to live in prosperity instead of poverty. It’s God’s will for you to pay your bills and not be in debt.
- God wants us to prosper financially, to have plenty of money, to fulfill the destiny He has laid out for us.
- I have always believed in God.
- God wants to bless us where we are.
- To me, we’re marketing hope.
Joel Osteen Books, Daily Devotional
- Joel OsteenBooks I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life 2012
- Your Best Life Now for Moms 2004
- The Power of I Am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today 2015
- The Power of Favor: The Force That Will Take You Where You Can’t Go on Your Own 2019
- Become a Better You 2007
- Next Level Thinking: 10 Powerful Thoughts for a Successful and Abundant Life 2018
- Think Better, Live Better: A Victorious Life Begins in Your Mind 2016 Blessed in the Darkness: How All Things
- Are Working for Your Good 2017
- Every day a Friday: how to be happier 7 days a week 2011
- You Can, You Will: 8 Undeniable Qualities of a Winner 2014
- It’s Your Time 2009
- Break Out! 2013
- “Your Best Life Begins Each Morning 2008
- Wake Up to Hope: Devotional 2016
- Fresh Start: The New You Begins Today 2015
- Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today 2019
- Hope for Today Bible 2009
- Our Best Life Together: A Daily Devotional for Couples 2018
- Living in Favor, Abundance and Joy 2010
- Daily Readings From Your Best Life Now 2005
- Good, Better, Blessed: Living with Purpose, Power and Passion 2008
- Daily Readings from The Power of I Am: 365 Life-Changing Devotions 2016
- Starting Your Best Life Now: A Guide for New Adventures and Stages on Your Journey 2007
- Your Best Life Now Study Guide: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential 2005
- The Christmas Spirit: Memories of Family, Friends, and Faith 2010
- Daily Readings from Break Out! 365 Devotions to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life 2014
- Daily Readings from Every Day a Friday: 90 Devotions to Be Happier 7 Days a Week 2011
- Daily Readings from Become a Better You: 90 Devotions for Improving Your Life Every Day 2008
- Daily Readings from It’s Your Time: 90 Devotions for Activating Your Faith, Achieving Your Dreams, and
- Increasing in God’s Favor 2010
- Scriptures and Meditations for Your Best Life Now 2006
- Daily Readings from All Things Are Working for Your Good 2018
- Fresh Start Study Guide: The New You Begins Today 2015
- Every Day a Friday Journal 2012
- Daily Readings from You Can, You Will: 90 Devotions to Becoming a Winner 2015
- I Declare Personal Application Guide 2013
- Break Out! Journal: A Guide to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life 2014
- If My Heart Could Talk: A Story of Family, Faith, and Miracles 2016
- Making Wise Choices 2002
- The Power of Words 2001
- The Abundance Mind-Set: Success Starts Here 2020
- The Power Of I Am Journal: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today 2016
- Daily Readings from Next Level Thinking: 90 Devotions for a Successful and Abundant Life 2019
- I Declare for Teens: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life 2015
- 30 Thoughts for Victorious Living 2008
- Your Best Life Now Journal: A Guide to Reaching Your Full Potential 2005
- Being Strengthened in Adversity 2002
- Daily Readings from Think Better, Live Better: 90 Devotions to a Victorious Life 2017
- Overcoming Fear 2001 Daily Readings from the Power of Favor: 90 Devotions to Unleash God’s Favor on Your Life 2020
- Enlarge Your Vision 2000
- The Great Commission 2000
Joel Osteen Sermons
- Travel Steadily
- Hold On To Hope
- Calling Over Comfort
- Keep On Walking
- Time Is On Your Side
- Mix Your Faith
- Mix Your Faith
- Remember What God Said
- special Strength is Coming
- Trust God When You Don’t Understand
- From Valley to Victory
- We Are One Family (Black Lives Matter)
- Blessing Yourself
- Victory Begins in the Dark
- Your Time Is Coming
- Your Time Is Coming
- It Has to Go Back
- Ready To Rise
- Rebooting (4/26/20 Sermon)
- The Shaking Is For Shifting
- You Have The Cure (Easter Message)
- Power Thinking
- The Guardian of Your Soul
- In The Middle of a Miracle
- In The Middle of a Miracle
- Greater is Coming
- The Secret to Solving Problems
Frequently Asked Questions About Joel Osteen
Who is Joel Osteen?
Joel Osteen is a famous pastor, author, and televangelist, based in Houston, Texas. Osteen is best known as the “most popular preacher on the planet” and is often listed as one of the most influential religious leaders in the world. He was born on 5th March 1963 in Houston, Texas as Joel Scott Osteen.
How old is Joel Osteen?
Joel Scott Osteen was born on 5th March 1963 in Houston, Texas, United States. Osteen is 57 years old as of 2020.
How tall is Joel Osteen?
Osteen stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches (1.80 m or 180 cm)
Is Joel Osteen married?
Yes, he is married to Victoria Osteen. The couple tied the knot on 4th April 1987. They are blessed with a son and a daughter.
How much is Joel Osteen worth?
Osteen has an approximate net worth of $110 million dollars. He has accumulated his wealth from his successful career as a pastor, author, and televangelist.
Where does Joel Osteen live?
Osteen is a resident of Houston Texas, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Joel Osteen dead or alive?
Osteen is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.
Where is Joel Osteen Now?
Osteen is pursuing his career as a pastor, author, and televangelist, based in Houston, Texas. Osteen is best known as the “most popular preacher on the planet” and is often listed as one of the most influential religious leaders in the world.
Joel Osteen Social Media Contacts
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about:
We acknowledge the following websites that we have referenced as we were writing this article.:
- Instagram and
We endeavor to keep our content True, Accurate, Correct, Original and Up to Date.
If you believe that any information in this article is Incorrect, Incomplete, Plagiarised, violates your Copyright right or you want to propose an update, please send us an email to email@example.com indicating the proposed changes and the content URL. Provide as much information as you can and we promise to take corrective measures to the best of our abilities.